More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

If he's deemed good enough and has the right attitude I don't see why anyone would turn their nose up at him. He been consistent throughout his career. Can't just buy 20yr old wonderkids and expect the world immediately, we've got to grow. Bringng in experienced players like him in various positions had huge benefits.

Did you also disagree with the signing of 31 year old Kieran Trippier? 

I think that needs context.

When we signed Kieran Trippier it was a perfect storm. We needed proven quality that required no adaptation period to the Premier League and he wanted to come home. There's always a benefit to experience, but asking a player with no prior experience in England to come in and find success at 31 seems a needless risk. I'm hopeful we stay up in which case we'll have several months to do deals.

15 minutes ago, Disco said:

Good player and very much in the mould of what we'd be looking for - very quick, comfortable with the ball, presses aggressively, sticks to his man like a leech, good passer. He'd be decent cover for Big Dan Burn.:bluestar:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10581493/Newcastle-United-preparing-50m-form-French-winger-Moussa-Diaby-Bayer-Leverkusen.html

Newcastle United are preparing a £50million move for Bayer Leverkusen's in-form French winger Moussa Diaby.

The 22-year-old has been on the club's radar for a number of months and was watched again on Saturday as he figured for Leverkusen in their 1-1 draw at Bayern Munich.

Diaby has scored 15 goals in 31 appearances this season so Newcastle stepping up their interest is no surprise but they are wary of increased competition and Leverkusen's asking price.

Newcastle are understood to be willing to offer around £50m for the France international but Leverkusen are reputed to value him closer to £75m they received from Chelsea for Kai Havertz in 2020.

They remain in the market for another centre forward despite signing Chris Wood and are among the clubs to have posted an interest in Everton's England international Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

18 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10581493/Newcastle-United-preparing-50m-form-French-winger-Moussa-Diaby-Bayer-Leverkusen.html

Newcastle United are preparing a £50million move for Bayer Leverkusen's in-form French winger Moussa Diaby.

The 22-year-old has been on the club's radar for a number of months and was watched again on Saturday as he figured for Leverkusen in their 1-1 draw at Bayern Munich.

Diaby has scored 15 goals in 31 appearances this season so Newcastle stepping up their interest is no surprise but they are wary of increased competition and Leverkusen's asking price.

Newcastle are understood to be willing to offer around £50m for the France international but Leverkusen are reputed to value him closer to £75m they received from Chelsea for Kai Havertz in 2020.

They remain in the market for another centre forward despite signing Chris Wood and are among the clubs to have posted an interest in Everton's England international Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Diaby yes, but not at 75m! That seems ridiculous, not sure if even spend 50m on him. 

I wouldn't want DCL at all, I think he's hugely overrated and would cost a fair wack. 

"RUTHLESS SAUDI REGIME CULLS SQUAD, following Howe's assessment of the squad which has been deemed not good enough following 14 years of no spending." 

Edited by TBG

9 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Wouldn’t miss any of them. Tbh, all of them leaving would help reinforce the feeling we’re an ambitious club on the up.

I wouldn't "miss" him, but Hayden would go with well wishes, he's been a decent servant to the club and always seem a decent bloke who tried his hardest.

Would be slightly disappointed with Almiron, but thats mainly due to the initial promise he showed then anything else, without Bruce it could have been different for him. This summer is the right time to move him on mind.

Rest can all bugger off :lol:

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I wouldn't "miss" him, but Hayden would go with well wishes, he's been a decent servant to the club and always seem a decent bloke who tried his hardest.

Would be slightly disappointed with Almiron, but thats mainly due to the initial promise he showed then anything else, without Bruce it could have been different for him. This summer is the right time to move him on mind.

Rest can all bugger off :lol:

Gayle would absolutely go with well wishes from me like. Fantastic in our promotion season and although Clark's been terrible and I've never really rated him, I think long-term you have to say he's been a net positive for the club considering his form under Rafa. 

The list of outgoings should be longer than that, mind, but it's only March so we'll see. 

Nah I don’t wish them ill or owt, but I wouldn’t be sad to see them go.

Hayden, as you say, seems a decent lad and has been a good servant but is hugely limited in his ability. The same goes for Almiron. 

It’s always felt like as a club we’ve hung onto players who aren’t up for it for too long when we need to be more ruthless. I’d be trying to get shot of Murphy, Ritchie, Dummett and Gillespie too while we’re on.

Clark was our best defender in the Championship. Under Benitez he rarely let us down, popped up with a goal every now and then in the last few seasons. Still needs to be moved on, shouldn't be anywhere near the PL now.

Isaac Hayden I'd wish nowt but the best, always grafted and fully gets the club, but again he's probably not cut out for where the club wants to go.

Almirón has been mismanaged by Bruce and showed great promise under Benitez. But if we're not going to play him as a 10 he shouldn't play at all so probably it's time he moved on.

Lewis I've always had faith would come good, but if Howe doesn't think he's good enough that's good enough for me.

Gayle played a pivotal role in getting us back up, looked oft toothless without him. Not cut out for the PL and is over 30.

Others I'm not overly arsed about. That list should be longer tbh.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Clark was our best defender in the Championship. Under Benitez he rarely let us down, popped up with a goal every now and then in the last few seasons. Still needs to be moved on, shouldn't be anywhere near the PL now.

Isaac Hayden I'd wish nowt but the best, always grafted and fully gets the club, but again he's probably not cut out for where the club wants to go.

Almirón has been mismanaged by Bruce and showed great promise under Benitez. But if we're not going to play him as a 10 he shouldn't play at all so probably it's time he moved on.

Lewis I've always had faith would come good, but if Howe doesn't think he's good enough that's good enough for me.

Gayle played a pivotal role in getting us back up, looked oft toothless without him. Not cut out for the PL and is over 30.

Others I'm not overly arsed about. That list should be longer tbh.

This sums it up better then anything I could put :thup:

Surprised Ritchie isn't on the list, but he could be a team leader off the pitch, and if we're anticipating a 6 to 8 player turn over, it makes sense he's staying as a "utility" player.

2 minutes ago, Stottie said:

There was another howler from Tarkowski at the weekend, so I hope that interest is now dead and buried. You'd think it would be after Big Dan Burn's majestic start, but just in case.

It was vintage Bramble 

Mad to think of the folk on this thread having meltdowns all the way through that January window. If we don't sign such and such we are down. Etc etc etc. Few eating very humble pie currently

Yeah I had been banging the Tarkowski drum but I've now seen the light. He's just not good enough as a footballer, he's very much in the Lascelles mould.

Both Schar and Burn are much better players and there is an arguement that at least one of them won't be starting for us next season. 

You look at the team right now and only a striker is what sticks out as something we desperately need. Obviously other areas need to be improved if we want to move up the table (a top quality centre half and a defensive midfielder), but relying on Wilson and Wood next year can’t happen 

15 minutes ago, jack j said:

Mad to think of the folk on this thread having meltdowns all the way through that January window. If we don't sign such and such we are down. Etc etc etc. Few eating very humble pie currently

I think I gave the transfer window a solid 7. On revision, it's been closer to a 9.

Ultimately, as Howe predicted, the players who were already here are as key to us staying up as the new signings.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40811415.html

Few weeks old now and not exactly a galactico but worth a mention. I actually go to Galway Utd games regularly, good young player who has improved massively in short space of time and definitely got a bit of class but is very one footed, would be a gigantic step up for him obviously. Celtic have also had scouts at last couple of games I believe.