More transfer rumours

midds

20 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

You look at the team right now and only a striker is what sticks out as something we desperately need. Obviously other areas need to be improved if we want to move up the table (a top quality centre half and a defensive midfielder), but relying on Wilson and Wood next year can’t happen 

Keeper

Left back

Centre back

Attacking mid/

Winger

Striker

Be happy with that in the summer

Get rid of

Darlow

Krafth

Lascelles

Clark

Lewis

Ritchie

Hayden

Gayle

Almiron

Not sure how many that leaves in the first team squad mind..

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Wouldn’t miss any of them. Tbh, all of them leaving would help reinforce the feeling we’re an ambitious club on the up.

If we were able to coup anywhere near 25 million for that lot I'd delighted.

Ritchie and Lascelles should follow them out the door.

4 minutes ago, duo said:

No Ta. Unbelievably overrated 

2 years ago, at the age of 22 he scored 17 goals in 31 games and got 7 assists. :lol:

He really should not be judged by what's going on at Man Utd.

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Clark was our best defender in the Championship. Under Benitez he rarely let us down, popped up with a goal every now and then in the last few seasons. Still needs to be moved on, shouldn't be anywhere near the PL now.

Isaac Hayden I'd wish nowt but the best, always grafted and fully gets the club, but again he's probably not cut out for where the club wants to go.

Almirón has been mismanaged by Bruce and showed great promise under Benitez. But if we're not going to play him as a 10 he shouldn't play at all so probably it's time he moved on.

Lewis I've always had faith would come good, but if Howe doesn't think he's good enough that's good enough for me.

Gayle played a pivotal role in getting us back up, looked oft toothless without him. Not cut out for the PL and is over 30.

Others I'm not overly arsed about. That list should be longer tbh.

Agree with nearly all of this. The caveat I would add is we do need a squad which people seem to forget and for that reason I’d have no issue Almiron staying if he was happy to and to a lesser extent Hayden.

Lewis is a strange one. Looked lightweight going forward and not switched on defensively. Looked better under Howe but the timing of his injury has been very unfortunate for his career here. Would probably give him another year here possibly to challenge Targett.

Edited by LFEE

I would absolutely have Rashford here, no doubt about it. Man Utd would want a decent amount for him, possibly somewhere between £80-£90m. Not sure he's worth that at this moment in his current form and what his stats are over the last 2 seasons.

Would be a massive statement regardless of that though. Plus he is versatile to an extent, could play alongside Wilson/another striker up top in a 2 or either side in a 3.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

What Baggage would he bring exactly?

Feeding kids, tuppence a bag. Been a while since we had a Mary Poppins striker - and he did okay when he wasn't creosoting fences.

I'd walk away from any fee above £25 million at the very max with a load of clauses on top to bump up the fee in the event he turned it around; we have to consider that he is currently about 6th choice to start at Man U. As a player he is on par with Delli Alli, they are of a similar age, as someone who has completely lost their way and possibly never going to reach their potential.

I’d reckon the summer buys will be “names with potential” that won’t be household names - not many of us would’ve heard of Guimaraes, Botman and Diego Carlos prior to our interest in them. So our summer shortlist will be more of that ilk. Dan Ashworth supposedly joining us points to that too. Expect “moneyball, but with a higher budget ceiling” kind of signings. Lesser-known, younger, hungrier, less ego and more willing to prove themselves, good characters. Basically the opposite of Eden Hazard.

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

I would absolutely have Rashford here, no doubt about it. Man Utd would want a decent amount for him, possibly somewhere between £80-£90m. Not sure he's worth that at this moment in his current form and what his stats are over the last 2 seasons.

Would be a massive statement regardless of that though. Plus he is versatile to an extent, could play alongside Wilson/another striker up top in a 2 or either side in a 3.

His contract is up at the end of next season, I’d say £50-£60m would get him usually but we all saw the shite they apparently pulled with Lingard.

This Diaby from Levurkusen and Antony from Ajax are exactly the type of players I think we’ll go for in summer. If we had either of them alongside St Max and Fraser as wide forwards, we’d be looking good in the wide areas next season. Still like the idea of Paqueta linking up again with Bruno and a top class striker like Nunez would be the icing on cake.

Fucking seriously exciting times under Howe’s management on the way. Just hope we stay clear of big clubs trying to offload highly paid cast offs in our direction. With Nickson doing the scouting though I think we’ll target young hungry players to lower age of squad.

Edited by Whitley mag