More transfer rumours

midds

18 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Burnley fans disagree. 

Do they? I was checking their main forum before the first match against us this season, and most of them preferred Mee and Collins over Tarkowski whom they wanted to cash in on in January as Collins in their eyes was a ready made replacement.

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Do they? I was checking their main forum before the first match against us this season, and most of them preferred Mee and Collins over Tarkowski whom they wanted to cash in on in January as Collins in their eyes was a ready made replacement.

https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62209

I'm sure I read something about most agreeing to that he'd been their second best player this season. Couldn't find the fred, mind.

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Collins is a pretty decent prospect tbf. Plus, of course you’d want to cash in if it’s obvious he won’t sign a new contract.

19 minutes ago, Manxst said:

From The Athletic:

“Carlos was no longer deemed attainable, and although one last attempt for Botman was considered, alternative Premier League centre-backs were floated instead. Burnley’s Jame Tarkowski and Liverpool’s Nat Phillips had been viewed as back-ups all window but, with Howe keen for a ball-player, he instead opted for Burn

just can’t see us going in for Tarkowski given we decided to get Burn instead in Jan as we saw him as a better ‘ball-player’. If anything, Burn will now move to third choice and we’ll get a better starter.  

FWIW Tarkowski was bought by Brentford and played for Brentford as a ball playing CB - it’s just that Burnley used him a different way 

2 minutes ago, DMLeazesender said:

As I commented about 100 posts ago on this thread Tarkowski is gash. Watched him closely since we were linked with him last December, he's no better than what we have including captain calamity!!

:lol: Ridiculous

For the wages he’d want, it’s pointless. On £120k, he’d be one of, if not our highest paid player. I want a decent young player for that who is good and can grow with the club, like a defensive Bruno. Badiashile or Botman for instance

1 hour ago, Shak said:

If they think those three aren't any worse as options than the other players we have on the list then by all means get them.

However, the focus should be on getting the best player, not the guy we can get a bit cheaper. If the choice is Asencio for 20m or spending double that to get a player that we think is genuinely top class then I expect us to go for the better player.

No man ... you buy the best players you can get in relation to what your budget is. The three I mentioned are top players that just happen to be in their last year and so they are available at really good value, which means we can get even more quality into the squad. No chance they're just looking at them because of the price, as they would obviously have to rate them as well, that goes without saying.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Yeah, written last year, when people were saying he was good off the back of a decent season. This year he hasn’t reached the same heights. Or been anywhere near. 

Aye it's from 2021 but is a general look at him as a player from a neutral. I never posted it to try and clamp anyone or out [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Gaztoon said:

If we bring in lingard and Tarkowski I'll trust howe and his team. 

Doubt either will happen because the club is focussed on reducing the age of the squad - it doesn’t make sense to add these two when they’re 30, even if they’re on a free 

Just now, andyc35i said:

Doubt either will happen because the club is focussed on reducing the age of the squad - it doesn’t make sense to add these two when they’re 30, even if they’re on a free 

Yeah not saying we will sign them.

But if we do I'll trust howe know what he's doing.. and that goes for anyone classed as "underwhelming" on here.

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I don't think swapping Lascelles for Tarkowski would really make much difference in FFP terms once you've took into account signing on fee, agent fee and wages.

Change of scenery for both might make a difference too. Take Craig Dawson, he’s probably in the same sort of bracket as Lascelles and Tarkowski ability & reputation wise when he was at WBA. Doubt there’d have been many people wanting him here even on a free but he’s been great for West Ham. Think it’s a worthwhile bit of business even if FFP isn’t a factor.