More transfer rumours

midds

14 hours ago, The Prophet said:

There's been reports out of Germany from some good journo's that he wants CL football and isn't interested mind. There's only really Ben Jacobs saying that he is. 

I'm sure we'll have already sounded out his camp, if we intend on making a bid.

Probably similar to the reports coming out of Italy that Botman only wanted to play for Milan. Diaby might prefer a CL club all things being equal, but it might be those clubs can't meet the selling price. If we are the only club who can meet the terms, I wouldn't be that surprised if he said yes.

More stuff on Madueke from All Nigeria Soccer: 

Style of play 

“Madueke's style of play
A direct multi-angled threat in 1v1 situations, Madueke is a nightmare to defences thanks to his trickery, pace, ball control, flair and physical strength all working together.

In possession, Madueke often cuts in from the right flank with scary directness and ferociousness, working his way towards the opponents' box through the half-spaces where he may fire shots or put a teammate in with a sharp through pass.

Even with his back to goal, Madueke is confident in his ability to hold the ball and spin off the defender, instead of playing a back-pass. This ability makes him highly unpredictable.”

Their take on us:

Newcastle United
With the new influx of cash from their new Arab owners, Newcastle is an emerging force to reckon with.

With players like Allan Saint-Maximin, Bruno Guimaraes and Kieran Trippier, former Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has created an extremely attacking 4-3-3 set-up at the club.

Eddie Howe's 4-3-3 is however not based on **Juego De Posición as it is extremely free with players being able to interchange frequently.” 

They conclude, style of play wise, that they think he’d be better suited for Spurs (though would struggle for game time), Leeds or Leicester. 

**Explained here:

https://spielverlagerung.com/2014/11/26/juego-de-posicion-a-short-explanation/

Keith Downey live at Benton

Expects 2 more signings 

Forward 

winger 

One permanent , probably one loan 

53 million spent 

budget probably 80-90 million 

so expects one of those positions to be around 30 /35 million , other a loan 

players doing a double session 

15 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Expects 2 more signings 

Forward 

winger 

53 million spent 

Blow the budget on Diaby and Broja on loan? Still want Paqueta!

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

Blow the budget on Diaby and Broja on loan? Still want Paqueta!

5 mil "signing-on fee" for Eriksen, Broja on loan. Blow 50 mil on Diaby. Job's a good'un.

Save Paqueta for next summer if need be.

17 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Expects 2 more signings 

Forward 

winger 

53 million spent 

Think people need to start accepting that that is our budget. Personally I’m disappointed I thought we’d go pretty big for the wide right or forward position. Paqueta & Diaby are just a dream at this point 

Wishful thinking but I do hope they’ll spend to this so called limit on the essential upgrades and then perhaps use it as a bargaining position to get 1 or 2 more in. ‘Luxury’ players if they can get them at the right price; Paqueta for example. 

‘We’re happy with our window but we’ll take him at £X’

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

5 mil "signing-on fee" for Eriksen, Broja on loan. Blow 50 mil on Diaby. Job's a good'un.

Save Paqueta for next summer if need be.

:lol: He just said the budget was around £35m we won’t spend another £55m

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Talk of budgets from ANYone other than Howe and the owners is all storytime. Downey might be getting told that’s the truth, he might be getting asked to put that figure out, he might be guessing, or he might even be right. It’s all pie in the sky until the window closes and we know for sure. 

Edited by Manxst

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I wasn't working off the Downie budget estimate, to be fair, just what I figured would be reasonable value. [emoji38] Our owners may really want a statement signing in Diaby.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Think people need to start accepting that that is our budget. Personally I’m disappointed I thought we’d go pretty big for the wide right or forward position. Paqueta & Diaby are just a dream at this point 

disappointed? Have you slept through the last 13 years?