More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, Collage said:

What happened to the Osimhen rumour? Would be a fantastic signing.

'Tis said that he wants to stay at Napoli. He doesn't seem to be linked with anyone at the moment.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Looks like West Ham are in line to get both Broja and Lingard. While I'm not sure either of them are ideal signings from our POV, it still strengthens them significantly, and they are obviously better than the likes of Muphy. Almiron and Wood. As things stand we aren't likely to finish ahead of West Ham. A lot will depend on if we still have options up our sleeve to bring in more firepower.

West ham doing amazing transfers and splashing that money. 

will be an hard nut to crack

potentionaly looking at this. 

Areola
............................Fabianski

..Coufal.......Zouma........Aguerd.........Raum
Johnson.....Dawson.....Ogbonna.....Cresswell

....................Rice..............Soucek
..................Downes..........Onana

.........Bowen..........Fornals..........Lingard
........Antonio...........Vlasic..........Benrahma
...............................Lanzini

............................Scamacca
................................Broja

29 minutes ago, gdm said:

Looks like we're being priced out of the market, especially in England. I know we're keen on Diaby but the fee is mental, so aim lower and get Sarr, then we're less desperate for our next target...so on and so on. 

Maybe were waiting patiently and seeing which clubs crack 1st. I reckon we'll have a busy final couple of days in the window where prices fall dramatically and we get what we want at reasonable prices.

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I reckon we'll have a busy final couple of days in the window where prices fall dramatically and we get what we want at reasonable prices.

Yeah, been saying this all along but I wouldn't be too surprised if we're still in business on deadline day. Providing Wilson is fit through August there's no great rush and if being patient results in better signings then carry on. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, been saying this all along but I wouldn't be too surprised if we're still in business on deadline day. Providing Wilson is fit through August there's no great rush and if being patient results in better signings then carry on. 

Know what your saying but be just our luck for Wilson to get injured before Forest. Really want us to get off to a good start, hopefully see progress next week.

34 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Areola

Yeah pretty tasty, though Antonio is definitely a centre forward now don't think he will return to the wing. Still I think they should improve.

37 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Areola

I wouldn't go as far as "amazing" but they look to have brought in some decent players.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Loads of work going on and off the pitch to move the club forward. Some deep cuts which need addressing, stuff we don't see or even hear about until it's done. 

Right now there is a lull, but I'm guessing our new setup is confident that's clubs will break on fees and they'll get 1 or 2 of their prime targets in. I do though think pining after players like Diaby when cheaper alternatives like Sarr are sitting in the championship is too good to pass up on. If Diaby comes available and we have Sarr, we sell or loan out Murphy, fraser or Almiron and improve out options no end. 

Funny how noises out of Lyon have changed dramatically as we cool our jets (overall on transfers) and arsenal target Tielemans. Player suddenly states he wants to leave and Lyon leaking the price is moderate. 

Everton really ought to but have at least the option to make a lot of money on DCL still. THey are both clubs that in the last decade at least tried to build their commercial revenue. We didn't and we basically have very few saleable assets. We need more income and that isnt going to come overnight. There is also clearly headway to sign some more players but the club is trying to be careful with it.

Being patient for the best options is probably the smartest thing to do (although, it bears some risk...) but it's a bit frustrating as we see decent deals being done by others.

I just hope we don't miss out on good youth while we're waiting to see how the market opens up for us for more senior options.

57 minutes ago, gdm said:

I can’t help but think we’ve boxed ourselves into a bit of a corner with the old “we’re not THAT rich” schtick. The moment they decide that a player eg Paqueta is worth the going rate and to buy before anyone else does - the flood gates are open and the prices all shoot up. 

On the other hand we can’t just keep fucking clubs off after they’ve given their initial price which is always bound to be fucking daft.

I sincerely hope that, in typical PIF fashion, these lot haven’t underestimated the amount of capital required to challenge the top end of the table. In my experience they tend to (mostly) overpromise and underdeliver.

The Neom project is currently an absolute shambles, they’ve just fired a lot of top execs in the Roshn project and their housing project near the airport and in northern industrial ports of Jeddah are massively underfunded and have missed their deadlines (I’m coming under a lot of heat for this specifically :lol: but their targets and set budget are massively at odds).

11 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Everton and Villa don't seem to give a flying fuck

Everton and Villa (though Everton have obviously still managed to fuck themselves) haven't had their commercial income effectively frozen for the past the 14 years the same we we had. It will take a little time to play catch up, thought that has already started. Doubt there's any other team in the league with a sleeve sponsor worth more than they're front of shirt sponsor. That will change from next season. We have none of the daft things in place other sides have. I imagine after the training ground revamp we will unveil a training ground sponsor, but there's loads more we will be lining up behind the scenes.

24 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Looks like we're being priced out of the market, especially in England. I know we're keen on Diaby but the fee is mental, so aim lower and get Sarr, then we're less desperate for our next target...so on and so on. 

Maybe were waiting patiently and seeing which clubs crack 1st. I reckon we'll have a busy final couple of days in the window where prices fall dramatically and we get what we want at reasonable prices.

Without knowing our back up targets to Diaby, Isaak etc. I would say Sarr at 20m-25m is a no brainer.

He's lightening fast with plenty of potential. His fee is reasonable, he can play anywhere across (he's best as a RW imo) and his numbers in the league are respectable given he's always played for a team at the bottom end of the league.