More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Can’t believe so many people interact with that Yelevets. He only posts his utter shite so people will bite and give it attention. [emoji38] Just let him get on with it and he’ll soon get bored.

This was my thoughts, 2 pages of replies to a blatant WUM. And it happens every single time [emoji38]

32 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Great post. So it's based on the length of contract rather than the payment schedule then? Interesting.

Yes, I was just wondering if there was something special that makes accounting for transfers under FFP different from general accounting rules.  It appears that there isn't, so the depreciation for the whole of the sale price would start from the beginning over the length of the contract.

Edited by bobloblaw

On the positive side, this weekend is our last boring weekend. From next week we have 3/4 friendlies and the week after the build up to the Forest game.

Transfer movement will start happening in the week building up to Forest.

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

After West Ham’s Scamacca deal, I think we’ll see Broja here on loan now. Should then free up the budget for a big ticket rw.

They still want Broja supposedly, Tuchel saying he expects him to stay as well so who knows on that one.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

They still want Broja supposedly, Tuchel saying he expects him to stay as well so who knows on that one.

Don’t see West Ham spending another 30m on a forward who’ll sit on the bench half the season. Fair play to them if so, it’s a squad game and they’ll really be showing some ambition there.

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

After West Ham’s Scamacca deal, I think we’ll see Broja here on loan now. Should then free up the budget for a big ticket rw.

Apparently Broja is only open to leaving on a permanent deal. Doesn't want another loan where he may potentially be in the same position next Summer. That being said, a loan with obligation to buy could work.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Don’t see West Ham spending another 30m on a forward who’ll sit on the bench half the season. Fair play to them if so, it’s a squad game and they’ll really be showing some ambition there.

Tuchel manages Chelsea

18 minutes ago, BottledDog said:

It feels like they are just doing nothing to spite you at this point.

Seriously tho the arguments on here about ffp, wether sarr, cornet or Dennis would a good signing of not and how much Jack Harrison is worth is so tedious. About 30 pages in 2 days of absolute shite. No one’s fault we just need something to happen 

35 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Sounds good but we must be aiming higher ?

Why we wouldn’t go in for Scamacca? 

We surely must be able to compete with West Ham 

i am 100% behind the owners,  bit a little baffled in terms of not trying to beat West Ham to scamacca

seems a great prospect ??

if we sign someone (under the calibre) of scamacca ? Then I think a few people will be scratching their heads ?? 

Obviously time will tell and we may be aiming higher but this deal seemed like a no  brainier ?

Especially  if we  are only paying £3 or £4m upfront for pope ?

we must have a bit of leeway ?

I do wonder what our aim

is this season , it would be nice to hear ?

The good thing i think we have going for us is , team spirt , great work ethic and a very good / detailed manager 

it’s not always the best players that succeed , it’s the best team 

Edited by JonBez comesock

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Great post. So it's based on the length of contract rather than the payment schedule then? Interesting.

Yup, you buy someone on a 5 year contract for 50m and it would always be £10m a year against FPP. 

Doesn't matter if you pay upfront, yearly, at the end, or when add-ons are due. 

Edited by Hhtoon

11 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Yup, you buy someone on a 5 year contract for 50m and it would always be £10m a year against FPP. 

Doesn't matter if you pay upfront, yearly, at the end, or when add-ons on due. 

That's the part I certainly misunderstood. That's a really cleaned up way to look at it.

28 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Sounds good but we must be aiming higher ?

Why we wouldn’t go in for Scamacca? 

We surely must be able to compete with West Ham 

i am 100% behind the owners,  bit a little baffled in terms of not trying to beat West Ham to scamacca

seems a great prospect ??

if we sign someone (under the calibre) of scamacca ? Then I think a few people will be scratching their heads ?? 

Obviously time will tell and we may be aiming higher but this deal seemed like a no  brainier ?

Especially  if we  are only paying £3 or £4m upfront for pope ?

we must have a bit of leeway ?

I do wonder what our aim

is this season , it would be nice to hear ?

The good thing i think we have going for us is , team spirt , great work ethic and a very good / detailed manager 

it’s not always the best players that succeed , it’s the best team 

Transfers aren't that linear though. There's so many reasons why we might not go in for Scamacca, including the player wanting a move to West Ham.