More transfer rumours

midds

10 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Let's let Eddie figure that out, I assume not or he would have taken him to the games against the Germans.

Taken him to Portugal though. Still 4 games of pre-season to see what he’s about

27 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Memphis Depay anyone?

We've been offered him by Barca for £17M apparently. Has played with Bruno at Lyon a couple of years ago.

I'd take him for that price!

There's been talking of Memphis. But does Depay feel the way we feel?

I’m a bit confused as to why we would have staggered the payments for Pope if it doesn’t have a FFP benefit and Burnley needed the cash.  Surely the most effective way to beat FFP in the long term would be an interest free shareholder loan and paying full transfer fees upfront at a discounted prices.

28 minutes ago, Eveready said:

I’m a bit confused as to why we would have staggered the payments for Pope if it doesn’t have a FFP benefit and Burnley needed the cash.  Surely the most effective way to beat FFP in the long term would be an interest free shareholder loan and paying full transfer fees upfront at a discounted prices.

How does an interest free shareholder loan help with FFP?

My understanding is paying in instalments has no impact on FFP, either positive or negative. However, from a cash flow perspective if you can spread payments then surely that's sensible, it's how the majority of clubs pay for players.

Only Ashley seemed to do the pay in full for a while and that was to then justify his limited spending.  

8 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

How does an interest free shareholder loan help with FFP?

My understanding is paying in instalments has no impact on FFP, either positive or negative. However, from a cash flow perspective if you can spread payments then surely that's sensible, it's how the majority of clubs pay for players.

Only Ashley seemed to do the pay in full for a while and that was to then justify his limited spending.  

It doesn’t directly but if Burnley paid say £800k for the factoring then surely we could have got £500k off the transfer fee and paid upfront.  Burnley would receive £300k more and we would reduce our FFP burden.  A shareholder loan would be if we don’t have the cash in our bank to pay for all the transfer fees upfront this way.

33 minutes ago, Eveready said:

It doesn’t directly but if Burnley paid say £800k for the factoring then surely we could have got £500k off the transfer fee and paid upfront.  Burnley would receive £300k more and we would reduce our FFP burden.  A shareholder loan would be if we don’t have the cash in our bank to pay for all the transfer fees upfront this way.

I think for Burnley; the concerns aren’t ffp. They are cash flow, iirc Burnley we’re bought using loans and likely with business plan which involved being in the premier league. 

12 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think for Burnley; the concerns aren’t ffp. They are cash flow, iirc Burnley we’re bought using loans and likely with business plan which involved being in the premier league. 

That is a thing with owners of many sports franchises. Cash flow can be an issue and must be managed. Premier league money is huge so they better get back next year.

3 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-face-uncertain-future-premier-27044851.amp

Does anyone consider Burnley may have asked for Pope's installments rather than lump sum.

Unless I'm misreading it, the paperwork lodged at CH is Burnley taking out a loan and using the future installments in the Pope transfer as collateral - basically "You know we can pay this loan off because we're getting these payments over the next three years".

Seems to me that if they'd got the £10m up-front they'd have been better off. 

8 hours ago, duo said:

This would be amazing he is genuine wonderkid

i do like this policy of the next up and coming Haaland in Sesko and the next Mane in Kamaldeen

i also think it’s great for the youngsters themselves as Howe would develop them well

At this stage of our journey I defo would rather be the Borussia Dortmund or RB Leipzig model than the PSG / Man City model. 

in a few years we can supplement these maturing youngsters with a sprinkle of world class experience and watch them

fly

On the drink up town this afternoon so printed out some anxiety surveys to fully gauge the transfer induced stress levels through out the city. I'm currently at debilitating myself but hoping that a few pints and some solid transfer rumours might get me down to severe.

Anxiety-Scale-From-Minimal-To-Debilitating.jpg