More transfer rumours

midds

Alvaro Morata? 
Does this sound plausible? 
“As per Gazzetta dello Sport (via Sport Witness), the Magpies have now made ‘initial contact’ over the potential signing of Morata, who is set to return to Atletico Madrid after his loan spell at Juventus ends.” 

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/newcastle-united-news/arsenal-transfer-news-morata-juventus-madrid-barcelona/

92CFD91F-EC0C-43CB-8FAA-86D300186052.thumb.jpeg.b5f02929c2b6afd7921fb19ab8bac742.jpeg

So they loaned him from Chelsea and on the surface from those numbers it looks he had a decent season, then signed him permanently and instantly loaned him out to Juve for 2 years? Wtf :lol:

Edited by Nine

Weird how he was touted as a failure and a laughing stock at Chelsea with a 1 in 3 record. He'd be an unbelievable signing but I think he's way out of our scope right now.

Morata is incredibly consistent. Adapts to new clubs and gets around 15 a season usually, never missing many games. Maybe not what the initial hype for him was slated to be, but he'd be a really reliable player. 

Beyond us I feel like, unless we can do some mega convincing. 

I really like Morata as a player, but it just feels he's 10% short of being world class. He scored 1 in 3 for Chelsea which should have been a lot more considering the service he got. Wilson must be getting close to 1 in 2 for us, and he's mostly done that on scraps.

9 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

About 50m seems doable if that's the price.

If we land Paqueta, Ekitike & Botman I'm pretty sure we'll win the league like.

Throw in Diaby and we’ll win the CL next season too