More transfer rumours

midds

I think since Ashworth has come in, we’ve gotten way more coy when it comes to the psychology of the transfer side of the business.

We openly showed an interest, we’re told not for sale or quoted a ridiculous price.

The most recent brief is that we’re done for the moment and will assess the squad etc..

Que the story about Diaby coming out.. those clubs are getting worried we’d walk away because we actually would and they are realising now that the whole Newcastle tax thing is a myth.

What are people's thoughts on Conor Gallagher. While there was lots of odious cretin vibes, lots of people really wanted him here 6 months ago. Have our expectations already passed him by?

Looks like Villa might be his destination. 

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

What are people's thoughts on Conor Gallagher. While there was lots of odious cretin vibes, lots of people really wanted him here 6 months ago. Have our expectations already passed him by?

Looks like Villa might be his destination. 

Early part of last season he looked great, but then towards end of season when they played us, Bruno had him in his pocket all game.. he was levels below him.

We want to keep that standard in who we bring in, so jury is out about Gallagher as far as I’m concerned.

Gallagher is a very good player. He may not be as technically gifted as Bruno (not many are tbf) but he’s a lot better physically and very well-rounded. In the right system he’d flourish; guy’s got all the tools to be a top player imo.

Edited by McCormick

25 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Gallagher could be our new Rob Lee. Not talking playing style necessarily, just pure ye olde Lon-don vibe. Lad could make himself a legend here. 

Shelvey is from London. No guarantee of quality!

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Sounds like an invitation to PSG and ourselves.

Bayer Leverkusen should have just dropped the timeless Pardism “We’re not a sovereign state” whilst furiously shopping Diaby to us 

35 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

He can play RCB so not impossible but pretty unlikely at this point I'd think. Maybe if we get the striker, right winger and Central midfielder we want, then managed to shift Clark, Fernandez and more dead wood in the squad. 

He would be an amazing addition and successor to schar/partner to botman. Don't see us spending that much though.

23 minutes ago, Elephant said:

Atletico Madrid is desperate to offload Griezmann, let’s see how long it takes for media to link him to us.

31? Won’t happen even if they were going to spend those wages.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Never rated Griezmann.

I know we’re aiming high but if 42 international goals, 100+ caps, and 159 La Liga goals in 387 games doesn’t please you then I think our recruitment team are in for a tough time. :lol:

Edited by Optimistic Nut