More transfer rumours

midds

2 hours ago, Hovagod said:

No, I’m not as big a cunt as Tories or the Saudi Arabian royal family. What you mean is that everybody sometimes compromises their own moral and values system. In itself it’s a glib and not always true thing to say, but even then it’s not the same as being actively oppressive. 

Not as big a cunt is still a cunt.

2 hours ago, Nine said:

Crossing politics over with football is fucking aids, you can live life without intertwining one with the other. Sport should be an escape from wasting energy over things things that you have no personal control over, not the opposite.

When was the last time you got an assist?

2 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Dont care who anybody votes for if they're good people, so what if someone prefers cola to pepsi.  The other side, the other party isnt scum and the moral high ground doesn't belong to you because of the way you vote. Its a preference not a case of right or wrong.

Its political bigotry and grandstanding really, being predisposed to disliking or demonising someone because they vote differently to us.

The whole thing is mostly bullshit theatre anyway scenery for the public. Apolitical people have it cracked for me.

Anyway, re Diaby and anybody else, whatever their percieved flaws, I'm just so impressed with what Howe and co have done that its not like we'd be getting a finished article anymore and the player can be improved on and that the capacity to improve is something we'll likely be factoring into our scouting now.

Well said.

But what happens when Godwin himself calls one side overtly fascist? Not really talking about the Tories here, but the  idea that they are two sides of the same coin has been blown out of the water over the last decade. For us to not acknowledge is pretty dangerous at this point. 

Anyway, carry on about the transfer news.

Guest HTT II

Can we stop talking about transfer rumours in the politics thread please, take that shit to GC!

Edited by HTT II

With no real links since Botman signed (Broja maybe), I expect the Diaby non-updates to go into overdrive this week. I'm thinking lots of "preparing a bid", "a difference in valuation" and "on the radar" type comments.

Everton won't let Gordon go, he needs to stay for a season or two more and keep progressing then they will get the really big bucks for him if he turns out the way they expect.

The more I watch of Diaby the more I'd like him here.

Well, young Anthony might help Matt T up a rung or two on the NUFC best looking list, and hampers our most handsome team aspirations, but what a player he is and can become. I’d be delighted to sign him. But we won’t. Unless Everton are in need of dosh or he and Lampard don’t get on, their fans would have a reverse-Rafa meltdown losing one of their own. 

As others have said, looks like he really has something. And as others have said, seems naturally very dislikeable.

Well, apparently Rafa really liked him... Wouldn't be surprised if he's been consulted on him.

6 hours ago, cubaricho said:

We’re getting Diaby. Mark it. 

I'm starting to think the same. It's a rumour that hasn't gone away and the Botman deal shows our persistence when it comes to someone top of our list. 

Another player I don't know much about, yet I'm now desperate for us to sign!