More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, Ando7 said:

Stand by for a surprise before close of play Monday,if all goes to plan.

Barbosa would be a nice surprise. We’re targeting the South American market as well so it might fit the bill.

Edited by Holmesy

The typical completely vague ITK statement, which any signing on Monday could be put forward as :lol:

We’ve gone from being able to name the 11 players on the pitch to… “be prepared for a signing on Monday for the richest club in the world who are well known to be desperate to make signings”.

:mung:

🎣 

Not exactly fishing, like. “Surprise” surely means something either not yet reported or something really big? If it doesn’t, then criticise away.

Bale was the first thought that crossed my mind, sounds like he’s bezzie mates with Trippier.

14 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The typical completely vague ITK statement, which any signing on Monday could be put forward as :lol:

We’ve gone from being able to name the 11 players on the pitch to… “be prepared for a signing on Monday for the richest club in the world who are well known to be desperate to make signings”.

:mung:

🎣 

I think you’re taking it all a bit seriously TBH.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Not exactly fishing, like. “Surprise” surely means something either not yet reported or something really big? If it doesn’t, then criticise away.

Bale was the first thought that crossed my mind, sounds like he’s bezzie mates with Trippier.

I truly hope not, I’ve said from day one though I believe PIF will want a big name marquee type signing. I’d take PEA on a loan only basis mind. Ideally we will stay clear of both, however.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Could absolutely see that happening

1 minute ago, Rich said:

But it’s widely reported already the consortium have been in the market for a big name or big purchase. :lol: 

I’d feel fairly confident in predicting we’ll attempt something big. Doesn’t mean I have a clue.

“If it all goes to plan”. A great get-out clause.

And of course not falling in line attracts loads of nibbles. 

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

But it’s widely reported already the consortium have been in the market for a big name or big purchase. :lol: 

I’d feel fairly confident in predicting we’ll attempt something big. Doesn’t mean I have a clue.

“If it all goes to plan”. A great get-out clause.

And of course not falling in line attracts loads of nibbles. 

Bit like describing a deal as “dead”….”but could still happen”, I suppose….