More transfer rumours

midds

I think Bruno could play as a DM in this league but only against the weaker sides where we want to control tempo - and, really, this would be to play him as a deep lying playmaker rather than a true DM. Against good teams who often have very athletic players, it puts a lot of pressure on him that I think mitigates his best abilities in the PL. One of the best things about him is his versatility to progress play; he's a great passer with good range, yes, but he also looks to find gaps, play 1-2s, take on a man etc.

Basically, he's an option as deepest mid but I don't think it's where he should be the majority of the time. I think Phillips is great foil for him, tbh, if he's still the same player he was.

One of those youtubers seems convinced Diaby is coming here, he's drooling over a video showing his tricks and goals. All seems very premature but what the heck, why not.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Exactly what we need a midfield enforcer, probably cheaper than Haidara aswell.

From the little I've seen on YouTube he seems to pop up in the box an awful lot for someone listed as a DM - seems to be almost playing the role Bruno has been for us, rather than just sitting in the centre circle breaking up play and recycling possession. 

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

From the little I've seen on YouTube he seems to pop up in the box an awful lot for someone listed as a DM - seems to be almost playing the role Bruno has been for us, rather than just sitting in the centre circle breaking up play and recycling possession. 

This seems to back up what you’ve seen on YouTube.

https://smarterscout.com/articles/premier-league-ibrahim-sangare-ligue-1-toulouse-tottenham-hotspur-arsenal

4 to 6 is another good window if we can try shift some deadwood along with it... compared to what we usually get about 5 quality players would be amazing while exploring all the markets (loan, free) for value

37 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Looking at his clips at PSV he does seem to be playing as a holding midfielder/DM but a very dynamic one that will run into any space available in front of him and also joins in on counter attacks. Really like the look of him and could be a nice addition to the midfield alongside Bruno. His break down on whoscored shows he has mostly played in DM and his player characteristics look fantastic.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/328075/Show/Ibrahim-Sangaré

4 hours ago, ToonScotman said:

This tweet sums it up perfectly. It’s nice to have English players but only for the right and good price.

Bit of a false economy here.

Camavinga was literally the hottest teenage prospect in the world when Real signed him. He only had a year left on his contract which is why he went for 30m. Had he had 3 years left on his contract, Real would've paid close to double to sign him (Rennes were insisting on 60m until they realised he wasn't going to re-sign). Thats 60m price tag on an 18 year old with less than 100 professional appearances in France.

I'm always blaming Ragnick. But Rudiger looked a joke and wasn't getting in the team under Lampard. Now he's in a 3 he's thriving. Maguire looks great in a back 3 under a semi competant manager himself. Ragnick is not even semi competent. Never worth 80m mind but he's a good player.

An English tax exists true.

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

4 to 6 is another good window if we can try shift some deadwood along with it... compared to what we usually get about 5 quality players would be amazing while exploring all the markets (loan, free) for value

GK

CB

LB

CM

RF

ST

About right. Think there could be some decent loans from Chelsea, City or Real Madrid (dreaming?).

16 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Let’s be realistic, we’re spending money this summer. 250-300m would get us this.

Can you imagine..

209C4444-B4A5-46CD-8E52-F1D5E4D9D3B6.jpeg

[emoji38] "And once again, Matt Targett collects the man of the match award"