More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Be shocked if it isn’t a loan deal 

An initial loan with a delayed permanent fee would be good, as it has been mentioned as a work around for FFP.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

An initial loan with a delayed permanent fee would be good, as it has been mentioned as a work around for FFP.

That’s exactly what was said by the same media a couple of days ago 

I don’t see the fascination with Henderson whatsoever. An average keeper who hasn’t played for about a year and a half.

Unless something has happened with Dubravka i.e. he’s asked for a transfer. I cannot understand why this is being pursued, especially at the figures quoted for a permanent transfer.

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I haven't seen him enough but I dunno I'm not that unhappy with Dubravka, I would want a more technically accomplished keeper who can pass out form back, is he able to?

Yes, I believe he is quite good at it, as I recall him playing that way as part of Wilders setup, which if you recall did play some nice stuff starting out from the back with the goalkeeper.

6 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Somehow I don’t see them accepting a loan deal from us given how they screwed over Lingard in January 

I think that was different in that they knew we were desperate and thought they might as well try to take advantage. 

As far as Henderson goes, did I read somewhere that he's on about £100k? If Ten Haag has decided that DDG is his #1 there's no point in keeping that sort of money tied up in a backup keeper so I reckon they'd take a loan offer.

5 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I don’t see the fascination with Henderson whatsoever. An average keeper who hasn’t played for about a year and a half.

Unless something has happened with Dubravka i.e. he’s asked for a transfer. I cannot understand why this is being pursued, especially at the figures quoted for a permanent transfer.

Dubravka is 33 years old, and has his iffy moments.

Well worth getting in Henderson at 25 years old, who has shown a lot of promise when he has started games in the prem.

Could see this working out really well in the way the Ramsdale transfer ultimately did for Arsenal, despite a lot of scepticism at the time.

Would set us up with a long term home grown prospect between the sticks.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Feels like Man U are desperate to offload him for whatever reason. 

They're going to have to recoup some money from somewhere as I imagine they will be spending this summer. No point keeping Henderson on the bench when he wants to leave and they can get some money for him.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

A good young keeper in, good shot stopper and good with his feet. Get him on loan and save money for other areas, can’t see what’s not to like ?

As long as it’s a loan we have nothing to complain about. 

I think people are concerned we might use a big chunk of our transfer budget on him hence the moans. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

As long as it’s a loan we have nothing to complain about. 

I think people are concerned we might use a big chunk of our transfer budget on him hence the moans. 

Noone knows what our budget looks like anyway. I'm just here for the ride.

If we get him and he gets games, he probably goes to the World Cup as 3rd choice, as it stands.

Henderson, Pope, Pickford and Ramsdale is actually a really solid group. Which is weird as 3/4 had absolute stinkers at SJP this year. :lol:

I remember him being outstanding for Sheffield United, so much so that Ramsdale looked a bit shit when he followed him the year afterwards.

Haven’t seen him much since then. Feel like his return to Man United coincided with De Gea remembering he was meant to be the best in the world.

I remember his shot stopping being pretty impressive, if maybe a bit show-ey? Did he then have a bit of a dip in form? I seem to remember Wilder digging him out.

Was he good with his feet as well? I don't remember that side of things. Presumably he's not as good with his feet as Allison and Ederson?

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I remember his shot stopping being pretty impressive, if maybe a bit show-ey? Did he then have a bit of a dip in form? I seem to remember Wilder digging him out.

Was he good with his feet as well? I don't remember that side of things. Presumably he's not as good with his feet as Allison and Ederson?

Only thing I remember Wilder saying about him was how much he was missed last season when he went back to Man Utd.  He’s good with his feet but obviously not as good as the 2 you mentioned 

26 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I still consider Dubravka to be a very good keeper, for me we either bring in a really top class keeper, or a promising young understudy. Don't know that much about Henderson tbf, maybe he is considered a real talent by those higher up.

It's pretty evident they Howe wants a keeper that is comfortable with the ball at his feet, which Dubravka isn't.

I'd pretty much tunef out while he was at Sheffield United, so I don't really know if he's any good. It seems like a goer though.

Edited by The Prophet