More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

In every story I’m constantly seeing “Eddie Howe is pushing for players with PL experience”, which is annoyingly Pfm (and slightly small-time) if true.

Exactly this....football is football, it's not like there's different rules in every other league.

He should focus on how a player will integrate with the current lot and work as part of a team. PL experience does not mean good...Ciaran Clarke has PL experience, and we've all seen how well thats worked out

10 minutes ago, McCormick said:

In every story I’m constantly seeing “Eddie Howe is pushing for players with PL experience”, which is annoyingly Pfm (and slightly small-time) if true.

Some of our bids say otherwise 

33 minutes ago, STM said:

One thing I'm keen on seeing.. is how we react to any other movement. For example we have seen Digne move to Villa, do we now look at Targett? Arsenal are looking at CMs, is there someone there who we could look at?

I think alot of our work later in the window needs to be off the back of a fluid situation at other clubs.

Arsenal start Partey and Lokongo, who theyve just signed. Id take either of those, which wont happen. Then they have Xhaka and Elneny.... Aaand nope. 

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

For a quick fix there's nothing wrong with that.

I think the "Premier league experience" quip is so outdated in the sense that people deem players flops, they go away, come back to play for another team in other systems and the player suddenly plays well when used correctly. In this case I think we need a proper mentalist to push on the rest of the team and rope it in, regardless if that player has so-called PL proven antics

25 minutes ago, STM said:

If we were forced into signing a CB from the PL. Would Rafa be tempted with a decent bid for Micheal Keane?

P.S Don't scoff, we have to think like the club might think.

We also don't have a chance of Burnleys centre backs, so that's gone. I can't see Wolves letting Coady go.

We may end up with Phil Jones at this rate. :lol:

Keane has been absolutely shite this season.

33 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Depends on the sort of player. If we’re talking about getting players on the basis of being big lads who can handle a windy night at stoke then aye fair fucks. If it is, don’t sign slow Fannies who will get bullied every week, well that is the nature of a relegation battle. 

I keep thinking we will end up with Nat Phillips from Liverpool 

Another - Ok signing but nothing spectacular 

Would be alright if it’s alongside another centre back (if botman or Carlos) or one of the other top centre half targets 

A ball player type 

as Phillips seems like the no nonsense / Terry type 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think Nat Philips would be an awful signing personally.

He’s absolute shite from what I watched last season - incredibly slow and clumsy on the ball - just a lump 

Ps - I am not saying I want Nat Phillips 

I just get the feeling we might end up with him 

A bit like we have with Chris Woods 

Stop gaps - that might keep us up 

personally I would aim higher , and it looks like we are but it seems to be proving very difficult 

I have the same feeling in regards to a midfielder - I can see us getting Cantwell , although I actually rate him (I know a lot of people don’t ) 

I would like him alongside a Fofana or De Beek or Kamara 

we need a very solid CDM 

Second time in two weeks we've been linked with Jordan Veretout, and I think he'd be good for this campaign - a basic bitch, no-frills, hard-driving box 2 box midfielder who likes to get forward and has a great shot on him. He's like a Deschamp-lite water carrier (in the best way).

Trouble is whether he would be up for another relegation fight. The last time at Villa, he played 30 games in their relegation season before he was shipped out. @brummie can tell us more.

Chronicle -  Newcastle 'in pole' position to sign Boubacar Kamara

Newcastle United and West Ham United are reportedly 'in pole' position to sign Marseille midfielder Boubacar Kamara when his contract expires in the summer transfer window.

That's according to Corriere dello Sport, who claim that the Magpies and the Hammers are set to battle for his signature, although Eddie Howe was supposedly keen on the 22-year-old this month.

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

Newcastle United and West Ham United are reportedly 'in pole' position to sign Marseille midfielder Boubacar Kamara when his contract expires in the summer transfer window.

That's according to Corriere dello Sport, who claim that the Magpies and the Hammers are set to battle for his signature, although Eddie Howe was supposedly keen on the 22-year-old this month.

Blow them out of the water with a huge signing on fee. 

11 minutes ago, Slim said:

How can both clubs be in pole position anyway?