More transfer rumours

midds

Jesus could get 20+ a season for Arsenal but right now not sure he’d get the right service at Newcastle. Don’t yet have the midfield and forward line to create the chances Jesus thrives on, and he does not bring the hold up play and physicality still needed through the middle so might get shunted out wide.

if he’d come would sign him up in a heartbeat as on 5 year contract by years 2 or 3 we’d be in business, but from his perspective he’d have an instant shot at golden boot at Arsenal 

14 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

We were after and linked with Les Ferdinand for 2 1/2 years,  after 1/2 a year and with the internet we'd have fucked him off and signed Chris Armstrong instead and everyone loses.

Was the same with Tiote, scouted and watched by Carr for 4 years, before a bid.

5 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Jesus could get 20+ a season for Arsenal but right now not sure he’d get the right service at Newcastle. Don’t yet have the midfield and forward line to create the chances Jesus thrives on, and he does not bring the hold up play and physicality still needed through the middle so might get shunted out wide.

if he’d come would sign him up in a heartbeat as on 5 year contract by years 2 or 3 we’d be in business, but from his perspective he’d have an instant shot at golden boot at Arsenal 

I'm surprised by how much you rate Arsenal and yet don't rate us. This the Arsenal side we absolutely battered at SJP? Who couldn't create a thing?

I'd fancy Bruno to find a pass to Jesus, before any of the Arsenal midfield.

We won't sign Jesus because he will be looking for 200k a week and that's where we can't yet go.

Just now, STM said:

I'm surprised by how much you rate Arsenal and yet don't rate us. This the Arsenal side we absolutely battered at SJP? Who couldn't create a thing?

I'd fancy Bruno to find a pass to Jesus, before any of the Arsenal midfield.

We won't sign Jesus because he will be looking for 200k a week and that's where we can't yet go.

He’s supposedly only on 90k a week at city, I say only as if it’s not a ridiculous amount but in football terms it’s not.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s supposedly only on 90k a week at city, I say only as if it’s not a ridiculous amount but in football terms it’s not.

Aye but how much will he want? He's earned his right to a big contract and I'm sure there are clubs abroad who would be prepared to pay his wage.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Aye but how much will he want? He's earned his right to a big contract and I'm sure there are clubs abroad who would be prepared to pay his wage.

By all accounts he wants to go to arsenal because of his relationship with Arteta from their time together at city.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

By all accounts he wants to go to arsenal because of his relationship with Arteta from their time together at city.

Ah that makes sense.

Although, I highly doubt it will prevent him getting the money he wants. He certainly won't be getting 90k.

It's a good move for him TBF.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I'm sure this makes a huge difference. Certainly helped us get Trippier. Might explain why we're linked with so many Bournemouth/Burnley players.

Edited by Happinesstan

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

What I find mental is that with all the money being thrown about by all the big clubs, only Chelsea have shown an interest in signing Koulibaly.

31 in 2 days and had a few muscle injuries over the last few years. Would be a big outlay for diminishing returns. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

31 in 2 days and had a few muscle injuries over the last few years. Would be a big outlay for diminishing returns. 

I think any club who managed to get him would be getting a bargain for whatever it would cost. Certainly not 100m anymore.

He hasn’t played below 25 games a season but yes he has had the same injury a few times. Also had Covid twice.

When fit though he’d be like Thiago Silva but way more mobile.

15 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Koulibaly was linked this morning on ad central 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-latest-transfer-gossip-24256113

It's a pointless article like, surprisingly.

That is pointless, apparently an Italian site reporting they want to cut his wages by 30% is linking him with us?

That’s really bad, lazy, pathetic journalism (my apologies for using the word journalism as I really feel it isn’t).

23 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Interrsting to see where Demiral ends up. He's a good player, though he does have a bit of the Diego Carlos' about him.

Hasn't he signed for Atalanta? 

4 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’ve seen a fair bit of Jesus (kids are City fans/live in Manchester) and genuinely think he would score significantly more in a team which relied more upon him.  Also think he’d enjoy his football more because of it (despite his medal collecting hobby falling off a cliff). 

Must admit I always rated Jesus really highly and thought he wasn't getting enough minutes in his early days at City. He's a genuine world class goalscorer in my book. I suppose the only question would be whether he's slightly past his best years.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Must admit I always rated Jesus really highly and thought he wasn't getting enough minutes in his early days at City. He's a genuine world class goalscorer in my book. I suppose the only question would be whether he's slightly past his best years.

He’s 25 though.