More transfer rumours

midds

26 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Harrison is the equivalent to the Burn transfer

Pragmatic, and improves the team in the short term

BUT - for only 1 window, then becomes a backup.

I would much rather have a purple that moves the club forward than invest in bench 

Harrison would be the epitome of "meh"

I remember Rob Lee signing at about the same age as Harrison. He got better and in time, I think Keegan’s faith in him and coaching really helped; he also in time adapted to a more central role. He was representing England a couple of years after he joined us and we all know what a stalwart he was in a very good side. I personally see Harrison as having the same potential and would therefore be delighted to have him. 

15 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I know people find it hard going from being linked with the likes of Diaby and Paqueta to Jack Harrison. But he absolutely would be significant upgrade on our current right sided options. Just about to enter his prime as well. His numbers last season would've made him our top scorer.

Are you saying that if he played in Ligue 1 and his name was Jaque Arisón, there would be more excitement? 

9 minutes ago, arnonel said:

I feel like there should be more to your rebuttle

My point is. There are more Brunos out there. Players with a much higher ceiling.

Although sensible, I dont think Harrison is that player. 

Happy to be proven wrong though

And it's okay for you to feel that way.

But if you really think we'd buy Harrison as a one window temporary fix, then you'd be wrong. 

We don’t seem able to get that proper class RW for many reasons which is understandable. Someone like Madueke would be able to do a very good job now as well as developing into a star. For maybe the same amount of money that Harrison would cost. Much higher ceiling potentially too. Instead of paying 30m for Harrison and then replace him further ahead. Obviously would become a good squad player. He will cost at least 30m so I’m not sure if he’s worth it. Not that I would complain either but it’s just that I would take a different path. Someone like Madueke could really grow into a star with us. Unless he gets too many injuries. I’m sure it won’t take long either. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, KaKa said:

And it's okay for you to feel that way.

But if you really think we'd buy Harrison as a one window temporary fix, then you'd be wrong. 

Ok, maybe one window is an exaggeration

But he isnt a long term solution.

Bruno and Botman will be key players in the Medium to Long Term.

My hope was we were targeting players that were similar. For the price of Harrison, there are options out there, even if it meant taking one step back to take 3 steps forward (eg: Talented youth)

Harrison is 1 step forward, but not 3 steps forward.

Ok, my analogies suck - hope the point is made though :P

2 minutes ago, arnonel said:

image.thumb.png.fbca4047db2742c65abd83b56020dfb2.png

image.png

Yes, Diaby's metrics look great against Harrison's.

However, Diaby has been playing in a different and arguably more favourable league, and a higher calibre of team within that league also.

Harrison's goal and assists output carry a lot of weight because they've been produced in the league we are in and he's done it for a team that isn't that great.

I like Harrison. He can play on both sides, has decent delivery and grafts his nuts off. My only issue is his ball retention, when we're all ready short of players who can hold onto the ball further up the pitch. He'd be a significant upgrade on what we have though and would work really nicely in Howe's counterpress.

I think unless the player pushes for the move (based on his comments he might) it'll be tough. £35 million is definetly far too much, but if we can get him closer to what we value him at, it'd be a good deal.

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, KaKa said:

Yes, Diaby's metrics look great against Harrison's.

However, Diaby has been playing in a different and arguably more favourable league, and a higher calibre of team within that league also.

Harrison's goal and assists output carry a lot of weight because they've been produced in the league we are in and he's done it for a team that isn't that great.

This is exactly right. Analytics are great for getting a general overview of a player. If you start to use them to directly compare one player with another you have to keep things in context. 

Look, ultimately I do think Diaby is a better player than Jack Harrison. That is pretty obvious. But Harrison spent the past two seasons playing in the same section of the league we have been in, and out produced all of out attacking players. Max included. 

3 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Small difference 😂

Diaby is a better player, but the stats are skewed as Diaby plays in a much better team in an inferior league. It's also reflected in that Bayer are asking for nearly double what Leeds are for Harrison.

1 minute ago, arnonel said:

Ok, maybe one window is an exaggeration

But he isnt a long term solution.

Bruno and Botman will be key players in the Medium to Long Term.

My hope was we were targeting players that were similar. For the price of Harrison, there are options out there, even if it meant taking one step back to take 3 steps forward (eg: Talented youth)

Harrison is 1 step forward, but not 3 steps forward.

Ok, my analogies suck - hope the point is made though :P

I think the problem is that at that RW position, there aren't many foreign options that have produced at a level similar to Diaby, which is what we would be targeting if we went with someone abroad. Seemingly because we want someone that will produce in that position straight away. I think that's why Harrison is the next option up, because he's already produced in the Premier League.

Players like Madueke, Chukwueze, Ludovic Blas etc. are foreign options that would be more affordable, but that come with a bit more uncertainty as far as producing goals and assists in the Prem right away.

I'd be happy with some of those more affordable foreign options, and if Harrison doesn't work out, they may well turn to them. But I can see the thinking in targeting Harrison.

25 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

This lad looks similar to Paqueta in terms of style, technique and position, but at a fraction of the cost. 

He looks very good. Think in a year or two he'll be much more well known. Hope we are still in there.

LAST SEASON

Goals

Harrison: 8

Almiron: 1

Fraser: 2

Murphy: 1

Assists

Harrison: 1

Almiron: 0

Fraser: 3

Murphy: 2

xG

Harrison: 4

Almiron: 2.1

Fraser: 2.8

Murphy: 2.9

Pass completion %

Harrison: 65.3

Almiron: 80.4

Fraser: 69.7

Murphy: 63.6

Shot creating actions per 90

Harrison: 2.69

Almiron: 2.36

Fraser: 2.89

Murphy: 2.75

Pressing success %

Harrison: 28

Almiron: 25.2

Fraser: 25.3

Murphy: 22.2

Dribbling success %

Harrison: 47.1

Almiron: 48.6

Fraser: 28.6

Murphy: 53.6

Amount of times fouled per game 

Harrison: 0.9

Almiron: 1.41

Fraser: 1.47

Murphy: 1.04

Harrison: 25

Almiron: 28

Fraser: 28

Murphy: 27

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think the problem is that at that RW position, there aren't many foreign options that have produced at a level similar to Diaby, which is what we would be targeting if we went with someone abroad. Seemingly because we want someone that will produce in that position straight away. I think that's why Harrison is the next option up, because he's already produced in the Premier League.

Players like Madueke, Chukwueze, Ludovic Blas etc. are foreign options that would be more affordable, but that come with a bit more uncertainty as far as producing goals and assists in the Prem right away.

I'd be happy with some of those more affordable foreign options, and if Harrison doesn't work out, they may well turn to them. But I can see the thinking in targeting Harrison.

I think the inevitable uncertainty is a good point. You minimise uncertainty, in any recruitment, by selecting people who have already done the job in the most similar circumstances possible. 

This works both ways for someone like Harrison. He has performed well, better than what we currently have, in our league. What we don’t know is in a better overall team, what is his true potential contribution? I’d be delighted to take that chance. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Would you be happy with that? 

100%, yeah, think it'll be one of those where people would see him play in the flesh at SJP for the first time and would be saying "we've got a fucking player here".

He's proper sound, as well, which helps. Unselfish, two-footed, proven in the league, scores goals, still at a great age. It's a very Burn/Targett signing for me, but a step up from both.