Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If PSG are rising to the agent’s demands then fair play, he’s played an absolute blinder.

Etieke, he warms the bench, he warms the bench.  PSG - where talent goes to die..

Good luck to him but at his age, he should be trying to get as much game time as possible.  With PSG, he'll have plenty of time to update social media......look here's me looking at the pitch.......one day they might let me on it :D

Edited by Awaymag

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

He'll regret the actions of his agent in a few years time when we're flying in Europe and he's on loan at Le Havre or whatever the fuck. 

Mackems in the ‘Champo’. They’ll ‘beat us’ to his signing.

Genuinely made up to see this one collapse. Botman always the move that made more sense, Ekitike was far too much of a gamble at this point. Had visions of David Bellion-esque floppage but at 10x the price.

Use the money for someone under 24 with decent pedigree but still some ceiling to grow.

Edited by Nucasol

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Can't miss what you never had. Hope there's some substance to those Raphina rumours, mind.

Apparently we made an enquiry to Leeds over the weekend. Seems to me like the competition would be too tough for us. 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Apparently we made an enquiry to Leeds over the weekend. Seems to me like the competition would be too tough for us. 

Heard he's already agreed terms with Barcelona and they're just waiting on "finding" the funds to pay for him.

That spanish league is corrupt as fuck. How in the world have Barca got any money?

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Probably, don't think we've got no more than an outside chance of getting him. It's nice to be trying though at least.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Heard he's already agreed terms with Barcelona and they're just waiting on "finding" the funds to pay for him.

That spanish league is corrupt as fuck. How in the world have Barca got any money?

I don’t see how Barca can sign Lewa and Raphinha in the same window - regardless if they sell De Jong

I trust our capabilities in terms of identifying talent so I'm disappointed if this one genuinely has fallen to pieces, cos we were clearly very sweet on him. As Nut says, if the agent has managed to get something way beyond what's reasonable then it's a fair cop from his point of view and screw PSG. Shit club who I hope we never behave like. 

10 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

The Spanish govt will probably hand them the wodge from their budget.

The PSG move actually makes sense now given their new sporting director. Wasn’t  he known for buying young players in Portugal and selling them on for high fees to European teams?

The is probably better for him as well. He’s barely played any football so being a squad player for PSG in the French league is less of a gamble than what could be sink or swim for him. 

Fuck his agent. Kudos to how we’re operating now I’m all for it. 

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

The PSG move actually makes sense now given their new sporting director. Wasn’t  he known for buying young players in Portugal and selling them on for high fees to European teams?

The is probably better for him as well. He’s barely played any football so being a squad player for PSG in the French league is less of a gamble than what could be sink or swim for him. 

Fuck his agent. Kudos to how we’re operating now I’m all for it. 

Also makes sense given they’ve been so public in the last week or two about signing French (especially Parisian) players and move towards a home country emphasis.

I just hope we stayed away from this kid whatever happens, even if he is available again or PSG dropped their interest.

We have been played twice. Once in Jan, and now this. 

1 minute ago, Zero said:

I just hope we stayed away from this kid whatever happens, even if he is available again or PSG dropped their interest.

That's certainly one way to look at it and that could easily be the case. 

However he is only young and these people are employed to look after his best interests may very well be screwing him over as much as they are trying to screw us over. 

We don't really know what's gone behind the scenes barring some rumours about his agents demands. I'm sure Ashworth and his team will know best when it comes down to it and if that means Ekitike ends up playing for us then that's fine by me.

6 minutes ago, Zero said:

I personally wouldn't have gone in for him again after the January debacle.

9 minutes ago, Zero said:

Don't think we've been played. Just an agent being greedy. 

Stuff like this will happen more and more often now that we are trying to sign good players and competing with clubs like Bayern and PSG. 

I do think it's good though that they are not giving in to this agents demands. 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Presumably they’re going to wring out Lewandowski and Raphina for the De Jong money. Any idea whether Dembele is signing back on because that’s another huge chunk of cash taken up? After being burned by Coutinho I’m surprised Barca are going doing the same route.

Absolutely pathetic how Barca have carried on, complained, asked players to cut wages all because they spent horrendously. They've spunked so much money up the wall and all it amounted to was one season of being thrifty and now they are throwing silly wages around again? Really starting to dislike Barca as much as I used to like watching them. Nothing worse than a clownshow of a club being rewarded for idiocy

The main reason why I warmed to them so much was Ronaldinho leading into Xavi, Iniesta and then Messi. Messi has been my favourite player for over a decade but now that he's gone they've not got a lot going for them anymore

3 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Absolutely pathetic how Barca have carried on, complained, asked players to cut wages all because they spent horrendously. They've spunked so much money up the wall and all it amounted to was one season of being thrifty and now they are throwing silly wages around again? Really starting to dislike Barca as much as I used to like watching them. Nothing worse than a clownshow of a club being rewarded for idiocy

I think they know the power that they have like. They're basically a football equivilent of a 'too big to fail' bank that's essential to an economy. 

39 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I personally wouldn't have gone in for him again after the January debacle.

It felt like he was reluctant to come even then. I'm disappointed because I really like what he's about, but tbf if PSG were his dream club, can't really knock him for holding out. I never thought they were serious, but looks like they are.