Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

I don’t blame him either - but there’s an argument that neither PSG nor NUFC were a particular good idea at that stage of his development.  The footage that went round on here made him look at best like a very, very rough diamond.  I thought he was unimpressive, but I will admit I don’t scout for PSG, Dortmund (which probably would have been a good choice) or NUFC, so I am generally happy to concede that it is possible I’m wrong on that score.

While I wish the lad no harm, there’s still a bit of schadenfreude here.  What can I say, I’m a bit of a cunt like that

It never looked likely that he was going to get much game time at PSG, which obviously is what he needs at this stage of his career. Enough of us were saying that from this distance, so why his agent and other advisers didn't point that out, I don't know. Perhaps they did.

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

It never looked likely that he was going to get much game time at PSG, which obviously is what he needs at this stage of his career. Enough of us were saying that from this distance, so why his agent and other advisers didn't point that out, I don't know. Perhaps they did.

8 starts and 9 sub apps in 24 league apps doesn't seem bad at 20 on the back of a full season last year? If he's wasting that experience and training alongside some of the greatest forwards of the last 20 years by being a daft cunt or whatever then  that'd be on him.

On 21/02/2023 at 07:13, Cronky said:

Loads on here said he got to train with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe and so the choice wasn't a surprise :laugh:

As if that is the priority when you're a player trying to progress your own career. Going on as if he was a fan on the street and not a player himself! Ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Loads on here said he got to train with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe and so the choice wasn't a surprise :laugh:

As if that is the priority when you're a player trying to progress your own career. Going on as if he was a fan on the street and not a player himself! Ridiculous.

So you were shocked a young French lad picked to go to PSG instead of moving to a new country to play with us? 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So you were shocked a young French lad picked to go to PSG instead of moving to a new country to play with us? 

This isn't about him joining Newcastle specifically, and me being slighted about that. I just think it was a daft decision after a fantastic breakout season for Reims where he was the lead man. He was never going to get enough opportunities at PSG, and now he's taken a massive step backwards.

Dortmund wanted him as well. They actually probably would have been the best choice for him, as he would likely have led the line for them, as they put a lot of faith in young players and bring them along very well.

Now look at his situation. PSG have already decided he isn't up to scratch and will no doubt go spending again in the summer and his career will be in limbo, getting loaned all over the place.

Edited by KaKa

I want every non-NUFC player to fail.

As for Ekitike, more than happy to have him if he were to ever join us. Assuming if he is being a bit of a prick then that will be taken into account by our scouts.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

I totally understand his decision to join PSG. The biggest club in his country, based in the capital, with plenty of his mates there.

That doesn't mean it was the right decision for his career though. That's where his agent and the people he surrounds himself with need to be asking him the right questions.