Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Sounds like he's got the move he wanted and it's got to be very difficult to turn PSG down at his age. Joining Messi et al must have been a huge draw for him and can't really begrudge him it, it's a huge move and can totally understand why he's dug his heels in and waited for them. We just need to move on and leave him to it now, no point being bitter as he won't be the last player to turn us down. 

Seems that its only campos that has made the move. We were in talks well before campos got the job so a few phonecalls between campos before he was appointed and his agent seems this was the reason this dragged on. 

I think the main factor in his reasoning was buying into a project that would take 3-5 years to reach the place he thinks he’s capable of right now, he thinks PSG are that club. I’m not so sure, but I, like all of you are biased so we’re hardly gonna say he made the right decision.

I’m not annoyed about it. Only want players here who want to be here.

Will be fascinating seeing how this plays out for him over there. If it goes pear shaped, can't say I'll feel bad for him. Should have just been up front about not wanting to join.

In any case, we should be right in for Kalimuendo now PSG have gone for him. Oddly enough PSG are brining him in over their own exceptionally super talented youngster that has just proven himself at Lens the past two seasons as a teenager! Both similarly versatile and well rounded strikers.

Would be hilarious if we get Kalimuendo and he ends up doing better with us than Ekitike ultimately does with them.

Edited by KaKa

I'm obviously not a scout and people at the club obviously know more than me but after we declared our interest I watched him a few times and he looked very lightweight and easy to knock off the ball 

1 hour ago, Solitude20 said:

Then it means PSG won’t be getting Samacca now, right? I think we should be all over him since we had no chance earlier when PSG showed interest. 

Scamacca is still expected to sign for PSG's first team. Ekitike is not going to start for them.

31 minutes ago, midds said:

Sounds like he's got the move he wanted and it's got to be very difficult to turn PSG down at his age. Joining Messi et al must have been a huge draw for him and can't really begrudge him it, it's a huge move and can totally understand why he's dug his heels in and waited for them. We just need to move on and leave him to it now, no point being bitter as he won't be the last player to turn us down. 

Yep, some players will buy into the clubs vision, others won't. There's no point in taking it personally.

That said I do think his agent has used our interest in bad faith.

Fuck him. As other have said, he's a less talented Anelka with all of the bad attitude, less of the talent and hamstrings made of wet tissue. He's an absolute parasite who wasted our time to get a deal to a 'big' club. Now he's got it, I look forward to him rotting in their reserves. His agent has made a nice little earner though.

Main thing is - we can focus our effort on actually signing a decent striker now, rather than trying to engage with this time waster. Well played Eddie for pieing this cunt off.

Any Newcastle supporter who’s followed him on Instagram should cut him loose immediately. He’ll be back to a few thousand followers and realise the supporters of the club he’s going to don’t give two shits about him.

14 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Fuck him. As other have said, he's a less talented Anelka with all of the bad attitude, less of the talent and hamstrings made of wet tissue. He's an absolute parasite who wasted our time

:lol: 

Only upset about the time wasted. Hope his hamstring goes off like a shotgun for messing us around but otherwise, glad the club sussed this relatively early into the window and moved on. Gut feeling is we won't be looking back at this one with regret.

Dont get the hate like. Done well to get a move to one best clubs in the World.

Foden hardly played for City for ages now look at him.

Sure he will develop more playing with Messi and Naymar then Wilson and Wood.