Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I think some do. I know wolves have Spiers but he’s more of a Ryder meme merchant 

:lol: Ryder will Tweet something inconsequential about this tomorrow. As he's put his notifications on snooze for 3pm onwards. 

Which is tolerable, whereas Edwards is in need of help and removal from social media. :lol: 

I quite like the idea of this kid being an understudy to Wilson. He will get plenty of games.[emoji38]

Much more preferable than signing Toney, DCL etc, who have less growth and potential.

Guest neesy111

Yeah I find Ryder to be amusing. He once follwed me When I sarcastically defended him. Unfollowed me in like an hour hahah 

He blocked me for some random reason despite never having an interaction with him.

Think it was because I followed his spoof account.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

I’d say the French league is probably the closest analogue to the PL, even Bruno said it prepared him for the PL as it’s quite physical, so he shouldn’t take too long to settle. Most of our French signings adjusted quickly 

Saivet, Thauvin and Riviere disagree [emoji38]

19 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Will be pleased to get this one done, he's young, Dortmund wanted him, can cover a couple of forward positions and seems a sensible price. Only downside is he's not Brazilian. 

On another note, I struggle to take Luke Edwards seriously and above all else it's because of his Twitter profile picture. Man needs to act his age.

Act his age, not his IQ. 

Aye of course there are exceptions, but Remy, Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko, Gouffran, ASM, Hatem.

Yeah I just saw your comment and those names popped straight into my head [emoji38]

Wouldn't disagree though that the french league is probably most similar league to the PL.

9 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Honestly, I don't mind him as a 3rd-4th option, there's goals in him if he gets his confidence up. 

Yeah, he’ll work well as a 70+ min sub to keep Wilson fit when we’re winning all the matches. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeah no guarantees but it definitely is the closest. Didn’t mention Bruno either haha 

Think the Bundesliga is the closest to the PL myself tbh. Seems more physical than the French. 

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Aye of course there are exceptions, but Remy, Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko, Gouffran, ASM, Hatem.

Exactly. You can’t always buy proven English players from the premier league. Ligue un is probably your best bet. Prices are cheap, the style is similar and quality is better than the championship.

It’s crazy to use the fact he comes from the French league as a slight against him or anyone else given all the quality that has come from there.

It would have been nice to have seen Thauvin within a proper setup, not the clown show we were running at the time. Talented player. Could say the same about a number of others from that era.

Edited by Barnes23

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

It’s crazy to use the fact he comes from the French league as a slight against him or anyone else given all the quality that has come from there.

Yeah, especially given the clubs that have been interested in him.

Most notably Dortmund who have arguably the best scouting in world football? I have no stats or anything to back that up but just going by the insane talent they bring through.

16 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Saivet, Thauvin and Riviere disagree [emoji38]

The club was such a mess that I'm surprised we had as many pan out as we did. 

I think it's impossible to know if these were really just not good enough, or if the managers we're so bloody clueless about them, and how to get the best out of them, that they had no chance from the outset.

I know nothing about the guy, but whether it works out long term or not, I'm utterly buzzing that we're looking to splash out £30m-odd on a young prospect and still wanting to get another (presumably) more experienced striker after blowing £25m on a desperate last ditch striker in January.

We're trying again. :drool: