Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

11 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Also, selling Wood seems fine, but years of following NUFC has conditioned me to believe that all of our strikers will suddenly get crocked as soon as the ink on the papers is dry.

I have that little faith in Wood that I wouldn’t be that arsed. Would force us to sign someone I suppose. 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I always rated him but our fans would get seriously pissed off with him very quickly.

IF Eddies wants & gets him. I’m confident he gets the best out of him. Maybe he’s not happy at Chewsee Newcastle play mean, but happy. “This is the happy house” :indi:

20 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I always rated him but our fans would get seriously pissed off with him very quickly.

In fairness it didn’t take the Chelsea fans long either. Feel like he’s a bad fit for this league. Can’t handle the physical nature of it.

18 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Good to see both that Howe isn't scared to pie people off and the club is happy to sanction said pieing even though we paid a good wedge for him 12 months ago.

I remember one of the resident cherries fans, that popped up after Howes appointment, telling us eddie is absolutely ruthless when he needs to be and sentiment won't get in the way of improving the squad.

1 hour ago, TheHoob said:

Good to see both that Howe isn't scared to pie people off and the club is happy to sanction said pieing even though we paid a good wedge for him 12 months ago.

I imagine the hierarchy look at it as worth it still despite the loss on paper.   Even if he wasn't able to get any consistency in his form, the two goals he scored last season secured us 6 points when we were still in knee deep in a relegation fight.

In a window that also bought us Bruno, Dan Burn and Trippier, to have that as your "fourth best buy" isn't a bad outcome.

3 hours ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Why? What specifically have I said that is not true?

You're doing a world class footballer a massive disservice. Kane in this Newcastle team (which would obviously never happen) would be playing a different position to what he has been. Our whole set up and build up would dictate that. And to say a known presser wouldnt have the desire for the press is just a bit silly if you've watched him play. Sorry. He doesnt just drift in to the 10 at Spurs and for England because he ends up fancying it during a game, he trains like that every day of the week, it's an intentional part of their game, because he has the ability and they have the quality playng off him. He's proven himself to be one of the worlds best goalscorers for years and years and if he ever moved to a different team he'd be a world class goalscorer there, and he'd adapt to their play and whatever role he had within it. 

Your opinion on it, like anyone else's, is hypothetical. Your hypothetical opinion unfortunately is just in the minority, which is why so may people find it disagreeable. 

Not good enough, if we are honest.

Seems a great character, and I do think he genuinely tries his best every minute he's on the pitch.

Can't help but wish him well at Forest. Lower Premier League side / Championship contender is probably his level. 

If there is actual reported interest in a player, does that mean they pass the "not lazy and not an arsehole" test? We must have talked to their agent, presumably in a "this is what we want and expect" way.

Our transfer people are not tyre kickers looking to fill the rumour pages with pretend stories of Ashley signing someone to tell season tickets.

Love this from their forum

Just took a look at the Newcastle forum and the verdict is pretty unanimous - did a job for them last season and seems like a great bloke but not good enough and they're not sad to see him leave. Our positions and requirements are obviously very different though.

To be fair though they reckon this must mean they're signing a striker and one idiot said he wouldn't want Harry Kane so it's difficult to take them seriously.

:lol:

At least they recognised it was one.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Also plays in Miggy’s position. 

Wonder when our fans realise we need a squad and not just five purples and the rest. :lol: We are an injury to Almiron away from starting Jacob Murphy.

Edited by Pata