Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Likeable fella auld Chris Wood and I said when we signed him if we stopped up no matter what he does it was job done

However I'd snap anyones hands off for 7 million in the summer

Edited by jack j

Amazingly he's much better on the deck. He's useless in the air really if you ignore aerial duels stat which is often flicks to nowhere. Actually had some movement tonight and this to me suggests we really need to stop playing hoof ball to him. Get it on the deck and get him making himself available to feet. 

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Don't like the way he went down for the pen one bit. A classic Harry Kane- looking for the contact shite.

The purist in me agrees with you. 

For this season however, I don't care. Just got to get wins where and how we can.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Don't like the way he went down for the pen one bit. A classic Harry Kane- looking for the contact shite.

Not sure if serious, but I'd have been raging if he hadn't left a foot in the onrushing keepers challenge tbh.

If the keeper is going to fly in like that he can't expect anything else. Might not be cricket but I don't want us to be the "honest football" standard bearer.

7 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

If the keeper is gonna chuck himself about like that then Wood has every right to leave a leg dangling. 

14 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

WUM surely? I loved the way he used his experience to ensure the contact was made by dragging his heel along the ground. I wouldn't call it diving as such, more experienced and smart thinking. 

3 minutes ago, CPL said:

WUM surely? I loved the way he used his experience to ensure the contact was made by dragging his heel along the ground. I wouldn't call it diving as such, more experienced and smart thinking. 

It's a Vardy special. Get yourself between ball and player and wait for the inevitable foul.

21 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Sa gave him the ability to take the contact, I’d be foaming if that was Dubs and the situation was reversed.

55 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Yeah, and the way he went down wasn't terribly convincing. But the way things work is that if a keeper dives at a player's feet, her really needs to get the ball, or he's in trouble.

I'll admit I haven't followed Chris Wood's career with much interest, but when I saw that it was him taking the pen, I felt nervous. He's not the greatest striker of a ball, and the pen itself was very savable if the keeper had gone the right way. 

Then I learned that his penalty record was something like 27-3 in favour. So there.

Guest HTT II

On reflection, he was superb in the second half when we stopped launching balls at him and played it to feet/space. His pressing from start to finish stood out as well. He’s bang average I know, but you can’t overlook that kind of stuff and how it helps the team and puts the opposition off. He chased down every player he was faced up with and every ball and deservedly got his reward with a goal. Hopefully he gets a few more from now until the end of the season to keep his yearly average of 10 + PL goals up.

Edited by HTT II

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

On reflection, he was superb in the second half when we stopped launching balls at him and played it to feet/space. His pressing from start to finish stood out as well. He’s bang average I know, but you can’t overlook that kind of stuff and how it helps the team and puts the opposition off. He chased down every player he was faced up with and every ball and deservedly got his reward with a goal. Hopefully he gets a few more from now until the end of the season to keep his yearly average of 10 + PL goals up.

Agreed, he’s on 5 now for this season - would be nice for him to get a few more and finish higher.

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Unfortunately that's the way the game's gone. If others are doing it and getting away with it, I have no issue with us doing it.

We've lacked shithousery for decades, we've been too soft, the players we bring in will have more shithousery about them (as most winners do) than Northumbian water 

People can call him out for his ability or performances, but calling him out for getting that penalty, fuck off.

It was penalty, it didn’t even look like a dive, and to be honest I feel like if had avoided it, he would have ended up with either the ball going out of play or at the wrong angle to be able to do anything.

The only person there needing to be blamed for the penalty is their keeper and further to that, their defence who allowed him into a 1 v 1 situation.

Had that situation occurred at the other end, the Wolves players would have done the same thing and they alongside the Wolves fans would have had no guilt.

Remember, referee’s like to make the ‘intent’ excuse to excuse their favoured teams for getting soft penalties/dives, so why not also benefit from the fact that the keeper intended to bring him.

It was so much of a stonewall penalty, that if this happened before the double jeopardy rule came into force, then their keeper would have been at risk of getting a red card, I’m not sure how he avoided a yellow card in all honesty.

Edited by Stifler