Newcastle United vs Watford: 15/01/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

You should mention this more, perhaps in every fucking thread.

Not sure why you have to reply with such venom! 

Howe has came in and made an absolute arse of his time in charge.

People seem to think the football is better when it’s not any better than the first 8 games under Bruce from this season.

- Howe has conceded more goals per game.

- Scored less per game.

- Has a worse possession rate and a worse pass completion. 

- Consistently picks the wrong players in the wrong positions. 

- And we’ve just been beaten by a team in league 1 who may be relegated back to league 2 this season and they had 42% possession whilst doing it which is absolutely disgusting.

- And he seems to be struggling to get the players in we need in the timely manner we need which will mean he will lose another game of football this weekend. 

Howe should never been given the job, deep down we all know this.

You don’t give a team that can’t defend to a manager who’s got one of the worst defensive records in the premier league from his time at Bournemouth. 

I'd love him to be successful however there is simply nothing to suggest he is going to be successful based on what we've seen to date. 

I get some of the criticism aimed at Howe. But you have just totally ignored the fact we have played Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Man U oh and had 10 men for 80 odd minutes vs Norwich in his first 8 league games. 

Other than that. I’m sure the stats check out and after 8 games. He has proven he isn’t good enough in your eyes. 

7 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

People seem to think the football is better when it’s not any better than the first 8 games under Bruce from this season.

- Scored less per game.

- And we’ve just been beaten by a team in league 1 who may be relegated back to league 2 this season and they had 42% possession whilst doing it which is absolutely disgusting.

- And he seems to be struggling to get the players in we need in the timely manner we need which will mean he will lose another game of football this weekend. 

You don’t give a team that can’t defend to a manager who’s got one of the worst defensive records in the premier league from his time at Bournemouth. 

I'd love him to be successful however there is simply nothing to suggest he is going to be successful based on what we've seen to date. 

You can't really compare stats from the first 8 games under Bruce, to the 8 games Howe has managed which include Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Leicester like, especially taking into account the fact that he took over a team on a downward trajectory who were unfit and bereft of confidence heading into this run. 

Howe has a lot to prove, but as of yet hasn't really had a chance. Saturday was the first real blotch, but even then we were still hamstrung by the lack of investment in strikers in the Bruce era. 

Without any signings and assuming Gayle and Lascelles are back from illness:

Dubravka

Schar               Lascelles 

Trippier                                          Manquillo

Shelvey

Almiron              Joelinton

Fraser                                                 ASM

Gayle

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

You can't really compare stats from the first 8 games under Bruce, to the 8 games Howe has managed which include Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Leicester like, especially taking into account the fact that he took over a team on a downward trajectory who were unfit and bereft of confidence heading into this run. 

Howe has a lot to prove, but as of yet hasn't really had a chance. Saturday was the first real blotch, but even then we were still hamstrung by the lack of investment in strikers in the Bruce era. 

I'll be happy to be proven wrong long term as it'll mean we are still a premier league club next season. 

- There is 57 points available between now and the end of the season. 

- 50% of these points are attainable. 

- That would give us 39 points. 

- This would ensure we stayed up. 

Fingers crossed I am proven wrong.

31 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

- Scored less per game.

He has a worse possession rate? Are you sure?

15 minutes ago, STM said:

Dubravka

Shelvey

Gayle

Bah - that looks championship tastic 

Manq is suspended. Almiron centre mid is just as bad as Almiron out wide. Not that we’re spoilt for choice.

I’d start Murphy, TBH. Tends to get shots in and tries to create now and then at least. As bad as it is. I’d say he is currently our biggest goal threat behind ASM :lol: 

2 hours ago, Yelevats said:

- Scored less per game.

Can I smell cheesy chips washed down with blue pop?

5 hours ago, STM said:

Dubravka

Shelvey

Gayle

Manquillo is out and that team looks poor, seriously missing a LB, another CM and ST to complete. Can't see us getting any before weekend now. 

Another day ticks by , no striker available for Saturday in our biggest game of the season , a game that could just shape the next few years . I stand by we could be strikerless going into this . The richest club in the world. We  are shite at doing anything quick . I just want that focal point, something at the head , we look like having nothing .

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Another day ticks by , no striker available for Saturday in our biggest game of the season , a game that could just shape the next few years . I stand by we could be strikerless going into this . The richest club in the world. We  are shite at doing anything quick . I just want that focal point, something at the head , we look like having nothing .

You aren’t asking for quick though, you’re asking for ridiculous light speed quick. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You aren’t asking for quick though, you’re asking for ridiculous light speed quick. 

We've needed a striker from day one of this window,let alone after Wilson getting injured , I'm just suspect we won't get anyone signed in time to play mate . We aren't signing anyone tomorrow,  that leaves 3 days to do it , must be fit and ready to go . Just seems long odds .Very frustrating that's all.

5 hours ago, LRD said:

We need to register players by Friday if they are to play in this game? Beginning to accept that we will not sign anyone in time.

This is my concern especially if a foreign player needs a work permit 

Guest reefatoon
15 hours ago, STM said:

Dubravka

Shelvey

Gayle

[emoji38] Fucking hell, that midfield.