Jesse Lingard

Simple as paying more for the loan or better buying him and inserting a relegation clause. He might be set on West Ham in the summer regardless but if we stay up I can't see him wanting to move on, surely?

Manure want money which is fine, he doesn't want to commit, they don't want to sell him to West Ham. If he is willing to come here in the short term, surely we can work it out. 

3 hours ago, Andy said:

Doubt the Glazers give much of a fuck about whether we're relegated or not, they'll just look at the financial aspects of the deal. 

Not so sure, if we stay up we're likely going to be a big threat to their position.

I don't think they'll be in too much of a rush to help us out and will definitely prefer other options ..... if available.

I can't tell if it's all a giant clusterfuck of bullshit (most likely) made up by the media that makes player transfers seem 98% mental gymnastics, 1% signature, 1% funds. Are there some Tifo things I can watch around the dynamics of this nonsense? :lol: 

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Can't help but feel that even if we do sign Lingard, Carlos and anyone else now that we've given ourselves too much to do to stay up. 

A Watford v Norwich draw with a Burnley defeat would do nicely this weekend, regardless of our result. Next game isn't until the 8th February. 

Anyone else?  We need like 1.33 points per game to very likely stay up, thats below mid table form.

Well beyond our current, but I mean if we signed some very good players its hardly too much to achieve.

Edited by Teasy

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

A Watford v Norwich draw with a Burnley defeat would do nicely this weekend, regardless of our result. Next game isn't until the 8th February. 

Aye. Just this nagging feeling though that we've given ourselves too big a mountain to climb. 

That JWP penalty at home to Soton in injury time, Murphys dismal chip 1 on 1 away to Watford, ASMs sitter at home to Man Utd and conceding late again at the weekend has really cost us. (amongst a shit load of other things)