Jesse Lingard

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Could work in our favour if he wants the move, just offer them a huge loan fee and they will accept,  Man U have no reason to let him go to West Ham or Spurs as they wont want to help a rival for the top 6.

Yeah the only thing which could work in our favour is if he actually is keen on coming here. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

"Hot ass" made me shudder. No worse feeling than when you're forced to use a public toilet and the seat is warm.

Frowned when I read this. That warm toilet seat feeling is very unsettling.

Another unsettling memory - I worked in a railway office tower building for 15 years. 10 floors, each had a mens toilet with two urinals and two cubicles. Unwritten rule amongst us, if you walk in and someone is taking a shit in one of the cubicles, leave and use another floor. Worst thing ever is listening to someone (or them listening to you) strain, plop, splash and wipe. There was always a minority of wrong-uns that would not follow the rule and would rock up in the cubicle next to you and take a shit in parallel! Truly awful. Had some horrible Mexican stand offs while you'd both "wait" for the other to finish or leave, or quickly finish up while they use the hand dryer to mask any noises. An absolute no-no was having to shit in parallel and then having to face that person afterwards while exiting the cubicle, so one would hold back until the other left.

A person taking a shit should be free of warm seats and anyone able to hear them taking a shit, or hearing others taking a shit.

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah the only thing which could work in our favour is if he actually is keen on coming here. 

Feel like its no lose for Lingard, he is always complaining about not playing , will play every minute of every game if he comes here and if we go down he leaves us and signs for someone else, struggling to understand why he wouldn't want to come on loan really.

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

They would probably gift him to Burnley and continue to pay his wages rather than send him our way. 

I don't think they'll see it this way. Whether we get relegated or not if we are going to become a threat to them it'll happen either way. Not that I'm saying we will at least in the short term. If we gave them 5 million and paid his wages. That's a reasonable chunk for someone they'll get Jack shit for and won't play because they don't need him. 

15 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I just can't see any premier league club, other than maybe Man City, agreeing to a loan to us. They might string us along making us waste time, but they will want us to be relegated  they're not going to help us out of this predicament in any way.

We paid 25 million for Chris Wood, offer Man U the same as a loan fee, they would accept.

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

They would probably gift him to Burnley and continue to pay his wages rather than send him our way. 

I'm sure they'd love to, but Lingard himself would probably prefer to come here. They have to be reasonable otherwise he's quite happy to sit on his arse and run his contract down. 

38 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

We paid 25 million for Chris Wood, offer Man U the same as a loan fee, they would accept.

The way they will see it is that it will cost them a lot more than £25m in the long run if they have to battle against another state financed club. They will be praying for us to be relegated, I just can't see them loaning us anyone.

Edited by Jackie Broon

35 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Highly doubt Man U would be keen on letting a player go to a team who are challenging them for a champions league place.

Highly doubt they'll want to help us stay up either. 

35 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Highly doubt Man U would be keen on letting a player go to a team who are challenging them for a champions league place.

Well that's not exactly likely this season, and if they thought he was good enough to get them to the champions league, he'd be playing for them every week anyway

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He was at one of our games after the takeover I’m sure. 

Where would we play him, you think?

For me, he’s basically a free role second striker behind the main man, right? Or is he a wide forward where Fraser is? Surely he’s not playing in place of Longstaff in the midfield 3? Would waste his goal scoring abilities no?