Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just now, elbee909 said:

Something something 'lacks athleticism' something. 

You can see he doesn't have that top line acceleration or speed but it's all a moot point when he has game sense, intelligence, stamina and an almighty set of testicles.

33 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

He's the absolute complete player, box to box, breaks up play, playmaker and goal scorer £40m you were robbed!!

Phenomenal work rate as well - just doesn't stop from start to finish.  

I can't get over how good he is in one-on-one situations when he doesn't have the ball. He also sees passes no one else on the pitch is capable of seeing. He plays for us, man. 

9 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

I can't get over how good he is in one-on-one situations when he doesn't have the ball. He also sees passes no one else on the pitch is capable of seeing. He plays for us, man. 

I'm already getting used to it but when he first got here he was picking out passes that no one else would have even considered. From day 1 he's been different class. For him to already have more goals for us than he had in France is just incredible. I have no idea where his ceiling is.

Saw someone on Twitter call him Tiote and Cabaye at the same time.

2 hours ago, Thorpinho said:

First time seeing him live tonight not on tv. Jesus christ he is so good. His body positioning to receive hold on to the ball and subsequently get the space to pass is unreal. 

This is an important point and one that I didn't appreciate fully until the Palace game. Until then, I'd been incredibly impressed by watching him on TV. Then I saw him live and was just in absolute awe of him.

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I like how he's gone from about a 1 in 15 player to a 1 in 3 player since joining us. :lol:

It's like when Yaya Toure, Man City's "holding midfielder", starting rampaging forward and smashing them in from the edge of the box like Frank Lampard.

There is a modern fetish for DMs, but the best ones all have box-to-box or deep-lying playmaker skillsets that go way beyond those of a pure destroyer. If we buy a mega sexypants AM, then Bruno can settle into being the kind of totally OP CM or DM I dream of, but till then, he might be better deployed a little further forward.

This fucker was MOTM for me last night , bedding in nicely he is now flourishing.

His awareness and touch are on a different level and hopefully he stays fit as he’s becoming an integral part of everything we are .

Take me Bruno

Everything about Bruno screams Newcastle legend, a huge proportion of the credit would also go to Work Eddie for how hes ingratiated him into the group / team, man management from the higher echelons of world football, previous managers would of chucked him way before EH probably to satisfy their own ego or save their skin, not EH his own calm, collected confidence oozes through the group, Bruno without doubt will go down as one the best signings we've made In the modern era & for me the best part is we've only just begun.