Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Gives me Kovacic vibes from Chelsea, which is no bad thing as I think he's a very good player. But seems to have that tenacity in winning the ball and then is comfortable at finding space and finding a team mate. Could be a huge signing and hopefully lifts the performances of those around him also. 

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

Will be really interesting to see where exactly he plays. 6, 8, part of a double pivot? I expect Shelvey to continue in a deep position. He is not mobile enough to play further forward.

Hopefully an 6 as I think that will be his best position and will also be whats most important for us. Shlevey is way out of his league there.

Is he left or right footed? if left, then it´s obvious he will play "inside left", if not I think he would be more of a number eight with big Joe... and shelvey as our hollywood pass sprayer :uglystupid2: in the middle

5 minutes ago, buzza said:

Is he left or right footed? if left, then it´s obvious he will play "inside left", if not I think he would be more of a number eight with big Joe... and shelvey as our hollywood pass sprayer :uglystupid2: in the middle

FKaucaiXMAAD9uT?format=jpg&name=large

32 minutes ago, McCormick said:

If we want to control possession he plays with Shelvey (with Joelinton) if we’re looking to break then swap Shelvey for Willock.

As much as Shelvey has been the better performer than Willock, I think i’d want Bruno at the base with Willock and Jo ahead of him. At least then you have a possible goal threat and willing forward runner in Willock; something we’d really be missing with a 3 of Bruno/Shelvey/Jo.

Guest reefatoon

Aye, we need to use him to his full potential, not sitting in being Shelvey's legs, doing all his donkey work.  He has to be the focal point of the midfield, not Shelvey.

He'll be given time to adjust, but he might not necessarily need it. I've said elsewhere having a player who can not only cover the defence, but bring the ball out and pick a pass should be hugely beneficial in speeding up our pedestrian attacks.

It has to be him and Joelinton in a midfield two, with three attackers and Wood up top. Him and Joe would perfectly complement one another, Joe to break up attacks and keep composure and Bruno to thread through balls to runners. 

It's quite exciting - Wilson would love this type of service too. Might see Willock get a few goals and may even give Miggy a new lease of life. I think whilst Wood is here Fraser will be starting though, for that crossing ability.