Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Certainly doesn’t lack athleticism, I don’t even think he lacks pace. I’m even struggling to say he lacks acceleration. It seems to me he just reads the game much better than anyone else and doesn’t need to sprint full throttle everywhere all the time. If I was going to throw anything at him it would be that he’s missing a gear in the middle which turns acceleration in to pace. 

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Aye. Almost rinsed him as much as Almiron did a little bit earlier. Filthy.

That was pure dirt from Miggy, not sure where this skill of his has come these last two weeks :lol:

He is athletic as fuck. I mean like a pro athlete.

I said it in the match thread, there was a time on about 80 mins, I think, that he was taking deep breaths but his run at the end shows that he was nowhere near fatigued. I was remembering why 100m sprinters don't breath during their race, it's all about getting the maximum energy from the entire body, which in the case of a 100m sprinter is tuned to that pursuit. But a marathon runner's body is tuned differently.

My biggest athletic endeavour these days is doing the shopping but it applies even to that. I'll be walking home with a bag in each hand when my legs begin to tire, do I stop to rest? No, I start curling the shopping bags, just gently, just enough to release the energy stored in those muscles. It seems to work a treat although I have no scientific papers to support my beliefs.

The way he walked around and hugged every one of his teammates, the coaches. His obvious bond with Big Joe. The winner and the celebration after is what football is all about. Distill it all down and forget about the money, the league…it wasn’t a cup final or anything other than an importantish league match etc - it’s last minute winners after a full 90 min match, it’s the crowd singing your name and you walking around with your teammates and coaches and clapping with the fans. The kind of stuff of pure dreams. When you’re a kid playing footie, you’re not bothering about money or sponsors - you’re in the yard or street with mates pretending to do what he did yesterday. 

It's not that he's lacking athleticism, but it's easy to see why people would think that. It's just his reading of the game is so good he know where he needs to be at the right time without needing to make a massive sprint to get there most of the time.

The fact that he was able to make that sprint after 94 minutes of football, dive and head the ball with near perfect technique to put it into the net as far as possible from the keepers reach shows just how athletic he really is when he needs to be though.

19 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The way he walked around and hugged every one of his teammates, the coaches. His obvious bond with Big Joe. The winner and the celebration after is what football is all about. Distill it all down and forget about the money, the league…it wasn’t a cup final or anything other than an importantish league match etc - it’s last minute winners after a full 90 min match, it’s the crowd singing your name and you walking around with your teammates and coaches and clapping with the fans. The kind of stuff of pure dreams. When you’re a kid playing footie, you’re not bothering about money or sponsors - you’re in the yard or street with mates pretending to do what he did yesterday. 

Yeah. I remember when we beat Burnley and they did a lap of honour, some people were cringing. But fuck it. That's what this city is best at, celebrating. We've just had naff all to celebrate for the longest of times.

48 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Yeah. I remember when we beat Burnley and they did a lap of honour, some people were cringing. But fuck it. That's what this city is best at, celebrating. We've just had naff all to celebrate for the longest of times.

not a single thing cringe about walking about all four sides of the ground and clapping and thanking your fans for supporting the team - it’s our club, it’s hard earned money spent for tickets and I’d rather see the players and staff thanking the fans as often as possible than not. That type of culture hopefully is the norm and not the other way around. 3-0 win, quick and wave and off the pitch. No thanks. It’s what makes this club special when things are ticking. 

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:
54 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

not a single thing cringe about walking about all four sides of the ground and clapping and thanking your fans for supporting the team - it’s our club, it’s hard earned money spent for tickets and I’d rather see the players and staff thanking the fans as often as possible than not. That type of culture hopefully is the norm and not the other way around. 3-0 win, quick and wave and off the pitch. No thanks. It’s what makes this club special when things are ticking

Howe has identified that fostering a real bond between the players/staff and the S SJP crowd increases our chances of winning matches. The laps of honour are one part of that.

Like it seems with everything we do under Howe's stewardship, it's all very deliberate. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Howe has identified that fostering a real bond between the players/staff and the S SJP crowd increases our chances of winning matches. The laps of honour are one part of that.

Like it seems with everything we do under Howe's stewardship, it's all very deliberate. 

I think I said yesterday that sky stuck with it too, seemed to stay with the lap of honour for a long time. Haven’t really noticed them do that before, looks like they’re buying into things. A good Newcastle United is good for them too I suppose 

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

During my time as a season ticket holder, that's what I regretted the most - not celebrating and enjoying the wins enough. There's enough dejection and disappointment to last a fortnight when we lose, why not allow yourself to enjoy the wins twice as much?

Fans of Burnley/ Leicester/whoever - "Celebrating like they've won a trophy" well yeah, first of all none of us here under the age of 60 know what that feels like and secondly I bet you wish you were part of those celebrations too...

7 minutes ago, Robster said:

How many PL teams do that ?

I hope we never do.

Leicester and Norwich are the only ones I think but probably the majority of clubs in the Championship do. It's tacky and tinpot as fuck, along with carboard clappers.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Leicester and Norwich are the only ones I think but probably the majority of clubs in the Championship do. It's tacky and tinpot as fuck, along with carboard clappers.

Wolves blast out some Gigi D’Agostino song and Villa were playing Paranoid during the no crowd games at least. Not sure if they still do.

5 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Unless he’s told to by someone, Rob on the PA will never play goal music. He’s incredibly selective over what’s played beforehand. 

Always enjoy his music :thup: Everyday is Like Sunday by Morrrissey always gets an airing on a Sunday