Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

This is pure speculation on my end (or wishful thinking?), but I get the impression that Bruno came here to create something special, his own legacy, and he doesn't want to come to a fully set table. Even if offered the chance to join Real Madrid, I don't think he would do it as long as he believes in the vision of this club.

He didn't have to join Newcastle in the first place - it is not like he needed to go into the shop window.  ALL the top clubs knew about him already.  I think we are safe - for now.

6 minutes ago, huss9 said:

he might just nudge the hierarchy and say he's happy here and ask them what they're doing to match his ambitions.

That is it - it is one thing to get a player like Bruno to the club it is another to keep them. 

He will be for sale, just at a stupid price. Either a low stupid price set by a release clause (God forbid!) or a high stupid price set by us.

I don't do it often but I fired up that Guardian football podcast thing and on it, that Glendenning idiot said Bruno had been awful this season. That's after two games, one of which Bruno dominated.

I wish there was a better non-fascist newspaper to read, I really do.

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Are the Twitter nutters trying to strong arm him into staying? :lol:

Fucking hell, having a go at his agent on Twitter is really first class work like.  Some utter twats in our support, irrespective of whether or not the agent confirmed what we want to hear

Someone made a great post about Bruno perhaps wanting his own legacy and club to take to the top.

Based on that spiel from Howe it's sounding like that may well be quite accurate. Pretty awesome really. We found a diamond.

I'd give him a new contract before he goes to the world cup.

When you talk about wage structures being broken, these are the cases when it's OK to above the threshold. He's proven his worth to everyone at the club. No other player at NUFC could argue that Bruno wasn't worthy of whatever wage we agree with him and I'm sure they would be delighted to keep him at the club.

We need to tie him down longer. Give him a bigger wage and plenty of incentives. Give him an extra 20k everytime he plays and we win. No brainer.

I'd think about making him captain when Lascelles leaves too. I might be in love.:lol:

10 minutes ago, STM said:

I'd give him a new contract before he goes to the world cup.

When you talk about wage structures being broken, these are the cases when it's OK to above the threshold. He's proven his worth to everyone at the club. No other player at NUFC could argue that Bruno wasn't worthy of whatever wage we agree with him and I'm sure they would be delighted to keep him at the club.

We need to tie him down longer. Give him a bigger wage and plenty of incentives. Give him an extra 20k everytime he plays and we win. No brainer.

I'd think about making him captain when Lascelles leaves too. I might be in love.:lol:

100% to all of this - needs a new deal before the WC!