Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

22 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

If we don’t finish top 4 by end of next season he will be gone sadly . He’s just too good to mess about in a team not in the champions league .

If he's as good as we think he is - he will want to leave in that situation and I wouldn't begrudge him. We could easily be on the cusp of a real CL push too but that scenario is plausible.

I don't think it's a terrible thing for us either. If we are keen to stick to FFP, we'll need to be good sellers in the market.

Btw it's those that are acting like that is scarelig who are the bed wetters. If Bruno is the world class talent we think he is, he should be playing in the CL sooner rather than later and he may want that opportunity to go to a club already competing if we aren't. That's normal. Selling talented players and reinvesting + more is also normal.

Edited by The College Dropout

2 minutes ago, STM said:

He will sign a new contract between now and the start of next season.

Him and his agent were hinting as much a couple of weeks back.

If we continue to match his ambition I see no reason why he'd leave in the near future. He seems to be loving life on and off the pitch. 

I personally don't see him leaving if we don't get CL this Summer. He has spoken a few times about 'the project' and how it will take time. 

That being said, if we don't qualify one way or another* in 23/24, then I can see the situation changing. If that is the case, assuming he is still looking like the world class operator (or better) that he currently does, & has signed a new deal at some point, bidding shouldn't start below £100m. 

*I actually think CL qualification through winning the Europa League could be more likely than through the league position even next season.

On 28/02/2023 at 16:53, sushimonster85 said:

I personally don't see him leaving if we don't get CL this Summer. He has spoken a few times about 'the project' and how it will take time. 

That being said, if we don't qualify one way or another* in 23/24, then I can see the situation changing. If that is the case, assuming he is still looking like the world class operator (or better) that he currently does, & has signed a new deal at some point, bidding shouldn't start below £100m. 

*I actually think CL qualification through winning the Europa League could be more likely than through the league position even next season.

Next season 5th should be enough to get into the CL, so we just need to be better than 2 of the so called big 6 

Out of Brazil squad for the next friendly.

João Gomes from Wolves took his spot. 

They've given chances to a lot of youngsters and some good players from the Brazilian League, including Mycael (third choice keeper in his club 19 y/o), Andrey and Vitor Roque to name a few u20 wonderkids

2 minutes ago, JNK said:

Out of Brazil squad for the next friendly.

João Gomes from Wolves took his spot. 

They've given chances to a lot of youngsters and some good players from the Brazilian League, including Mycael (third choice keeper in his club 19 y/o), Andrey and Vitor Roque to name a few u20 wonderkids

Caretaker manager until we appoint a proper manager and giving chances to some youngsters, but worst Brazilian squad I’ve seen in a long time. You’d hope the guy would at least take his job seriously. Leaving Bruno, Martinelli and Raphinha out on current form is ridiculous. 

28 minutes ago, Flip said:

Caretaker manager until we appoint a proper manager and giving chances to some youngsters, but worst Brazilian squad I’ve seen in a long time. You’d hope the guy would at least take his job seriously. Leaving Bruno, Martinelli and Raphinha out on current form is ridiculous. 

I think Bruno and Martinelli really deserve the spot, but Raphinha not so much on his current form (but what he played before for brazil will get him back on the list)

10 minutes ago, JNK said:

I think Bruno and Martinelli really deserve the spot, but Raphinha not so much on his current form (but what he played before for brazil will get him back on the list)

Raphinha on current form is one of the top performers for Barcelona at the moment. Has quite a few goals and assists in the last month. Definitely deserves to be in there with the two other. 

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Raphinha on current form is one of the top performers for Barcelona at the moment. Has quite a few goals and assists in the last month. Definitely deserves to be in there with the two other. 

LOL, I really haven't been seeying barça games, last time I checked Dembelé was the one doing that on the RW

8 minutes ago, JNK said:

LOL, I really haven't been seeying barça games, last time I checked Dembelé was the one doing that on the RW

Yeah, he was terrible, but has really settled in after the World Cup.

Anyways, back to Bruno. Hope he plays tomorrow.

After the foul on Rashford for the opener last week, he dived in again this week and gave up a direct free kick in a very dangerous shooting position.

That's after diving in and getting himself a straight red and ban in the previous game, the far more nervy than it should have been semi final.

Bruno's a fantastic footballer we are lucky to have, our best player, but the above is not the behaviour of an elite "6".

Since he's also about the only player we have exceeding his expected goals and are missing chances galore from midfield, the case for playing him at 8 just grows stronger. This is definitely something that our recruitment in the summer will have to consider.

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

After the foul on Rashford for the opener last week, he dived in again this week and gave up a direct free kick in a very dangerous shooting position.

That's after diving in and getting himself a straight red and ban in the previous game, the far more nervy than it should have been semi final.

Bruno's a fantastic footballer we are lucky to have, our best player, but the above is not the behaviour of an elite "6".

Since he's also about the only player we have exceeding his expected goals and are missing chances galore from midfield, the case for playing him at 8 just grows stronger. This is definitely something that our recruitment in the summer will have to consider.

I’ve got no doubt that one of our prime targets this summer will be a defensive midfielder, to allow Bruno to play more advanced.

Ive had enough of Longstaff like. Good lad and gives his all but he’s too slow and not good enough to rely on. 

Just now, Jaqen said:

He won't move but he'd probably be the perfect Gundogan replacement for them. 

Not so sure how you are so convinced he won't move, if Real Madrid or Man City come in for him I'd be surprised if he didn't want to move. IMO.

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

He won't move but he'd probably be the perfect Gundogan replacement for them. 

He absolutely would move. 

I think we’ve got to be realistic that if one of the massive teams come for Bruno we’ll lose him but I can’t see many out there being able to afford him. 

I mean if Grealish was worth 100m to them, an actual footballer and leader with a brain and vision as big as Bruno would be worth...more than they'd be willing to spend i'd imagine/hope. But yeah, we're going to have to start putting up with this shit on a regular basis now unfortunately. Bruno publicly mentioning private chats with rival managers, you'd have to ask him why he would do that, seems like a poor choice on his part, regardless of whether it happens all the time with players.