Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 hour ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Well deserved. For me, he's undoubtedly our most important & best player - someone we can't replace, who regularly does the work of 2 midfielders, and holds a lot of what we do going forward & back even on off days. 

Agreed

5 hours ago, 80 said:

But, you know, Pep thinks he's good so we should really just start turning our backs on him now so it hurts less when he leaves in June. It's the only sensible course of action.

Joking aside it does sound like Pep has been tapping him up.

1 minute ago, duo said:

Joking aside it does sound like Pep has been tapping him up.

In a 'just wanted to say how excellent I think you are, have you met my daughter' sort of a way, I'm sure he has. It just goes with the turf of having players that are actually desirable, though. I appreciate that after 14 years of Mike Ashley this is a bit of an alien experience for many of us however :lol:

"What makes me happy is knowing that this is just the first year. We have the potential to be a giant in the world.

I’m happy and proud to be part of the revolution of the team, of the city, of everyone, because the city is about football. I can feel it since I signed for the club. This is very special for me. I think I got the decision right to be here.

Yeah, of course. It’s too quick, but I think we have the players to do it,” Guimaraes said of Newcastle’s swift progress. “We have a good manager. I’m sure that in the future he will be the England manager, because he’s an amazing guy, an amazing manager.

To be honest, this (the pace of progress), surprises me a little, but I’m so happy to be part of this. What made me happy is to know it’s just the first year. This club will be in the Champions League every year in the future.”

Sounds like a man who's sick of soft touch Eddie and will leave as soon as we can't mathematically qualify for 4th.

3 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

His home gym videos always make me chuckle. Need @St1peto give him

some form pointers :lol: 

I was actually thinking; was he really doing those dumbbell curls right? :lol:

*glances at set of 5kg-ers gathering dust*

2 hours ago, BergenMagpie said:

Wouldnt trade him for any other player in the world. Love his passion

It says everything about him that one of my highlights in 30+ years as as a Newcastle fan is him celebrating like he'd just scored a 30 yard screamer after just winning a tackle. Absolutely glorious stuff. Love him.

3 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Rubbished rumours, he'd be off if a CL club comes knocking, he's obviously more patient than some of our impatient fans.

I know money talks etc for some footballers,  but I just feel this lad has a genuine desire, and believes he will only leave if he leaves a legacy of sorts behind him. 

He seems in love with the place and the club.

True. I think only an elite level team would tempt him away from us.
Besides, it will be easier to justify staying here when there are 5 champions league places available from 24/25. We look like falling short this year, but when there’s one extra place it becomes somewhat easier to keep your best players 

Goes without saying that there's probably only one or two clubs that could potentially take him away sooner than he says - but his dad, his partner are happy. He's our main man and knows it. I'm sure the club continues to remind him that they will build this entire project around him if he sticks around. 

He’s clearly happy here and will continue to be if we can deliver his CL ambition and even silverware. Even so, if a club like Real come knocking with a serious bid then it’s pretty clear what the outcome will be.. not to say that will happen but it’s potentially the reality at some point. The faster we grow as a club the more likely he stays long term.

My way of looking at every player we have is very simple. If the player wants to be part of what's happening at the club and that player (like Bruno) is deemed quality enough to go on that journey then we simply ensure everything is done (within reason) to keep that player. And I'm sure we will...... but....we do know the bigger clubs (as is) will always turn heads and the north east, no matter how much investment to the infrastructure, is not always a hotbed for loyalty to a cause.

If a player expresses a desire to leave (not saying Bruno does) then it's best to allow it and get as big a fee as possible then go in for a player that wants to be part of things as they are in progression.

It'll take time and patience but we will get there if the owners remain in place and are not ousted or sell up.

I'd sooner have a Dan Burn than a superstar boat rocking dressing room killer. Again, this is not any dig at Bruno because I think he's committed to the cause and will likely never get an opportunity to be revered as he is at Newcastle and potentially become an absolute legend.