Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Baldwards reporting that he's on the verge of agreeing a new long term deal.

He also mentions that Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid are sniffing. There's also a bit of speculation that he'll eventually want Champions League football, if not with us elsewhere, which is just common sense really.

14 hours ago, The Prophet said:

He also mentions that Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid are sniffing. There's also a bit of speculation that he'll eventually want Champions League football, if not with us elsewhere, which is just common sense really.

And given how well we have done with a far worse squad than teams around us for over a year, we could get CL much more convincingly next season with the right investment this summer. Still on table for this year if we can get back to scoring form like we were up to start of World Cup.

9 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I don't think that qualifying for  CL this year would be a good idea. Yes it would be a great achievement but I don't believe that we are ready for that standard.

Football doesn’t work like that. You grab what you can when you can. We may never get back to Wembley. That’s how football works.

15 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Wonder if there is a clause in there linked to a champions league team coming in for him? 

15 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I think we’re going to have to go pretty hard in the transfer window this summer to satisfy the likes of Bruno re ambition 

14 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I don't think that qualifying for  CL this year would be a good idea. Yes it would be a great achievement but I don't believe that we are ready for that standard.

The revenue and attraction would accelerate our project. You absolutely take it if you can, especially for a club like ours that does have the financial muscle to flex if it has the right opportunity.

12 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

🤣🤣🤣, Aye right 

Qualifying for the champions league is exactly what we need for a whole host of reasons 

Extra tv money 

ability to sign better players in the summer 

ability to attract better sponsors 

increase world wide appeal 

ability to grow commercial quicker 

ensures people like Bruno stay 

This is not to say it’s all doom and gloom if we don’t qualify , but to say it’s too early is madness 

Of course we need 5/6 players to compete in Europe but champions league qualification allows us to do that 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Solid if not spectacular today. What he gives us in driving forward and forward passing is everything

No other player in our team see's a pass like Bruno!

We miss his nous and guile when he's out and we just become a huff and puff team.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Solid if not spectacular today. What he gives us in driving forward and forward passing is everything

He's just pivotal isn't he? Take him out of that team today and we're looking at one point, at best.

He's by far our best player and irreplacable, as things stand.

Edited by Minhosa

What's noticeable when he's missing is the transition from defence to attack,it's miles slower. Plus the confidence he instills in others is notable. And then the little flick right at the death putting Miggy in, nobody else is doing that

Thought he was terrific if not eye-catching. He gets is up the field so well, whether it's receiving passes from the backline with absolute confidence, playing passes himself, or travelling with the ball. Such an important player for us. 

Controversial but I felt it was quite a weak performance by Bruno and I adore him.

He's lost his swagger somewhat in recent weeks but I don't doubt him whatsoever. Even great players can just dip slightly.

Watch him fucking murder forest next week though.

20 minutes ago, Decky said:

Best thing we could do this summer is put some real quality around this lad in the midfield. 

It’s a shame but the gap that needs to be filled is longstaff, he would be a great back up but a ball winning 6 who can pass would be top.

Thought he played well - not his best, but still absolutely class on the ball. 

I love him to bits, but I really really wish he'd stop grabbing the ball everytime he gets fouled :lol: he did it again today and it was a foul - but he picked up a needless booking a few games ago expecting to get the foul and ended up being a handball