Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

I mean if Grealish was worth 100m to them, an actual footballer and leader with a brain and vision as big as Bruno would be worth...more than they'd be willing to spend i'd imagine/hope. But yeah, we're going to have to start putting up with this shit on a regular basis now unfortunately. Bruno publicly mentioning private chats with rival managers, you'd have to ask him why he would do that, seems like a poor choice on his part, regardless of whether it happens all the time with players.

6 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Not so sure how you are so convinced he won't move, if Real Madrid or Man City come in for him I'd be surprised if he didn't want to move. IMO.

Well aye I mean he could but I don't think he'll be going anywhere just yet. Think people are getting carried away in some of the other threads saying all our best players may ask to leave in the summer. 

They signed for a team that was either in or had just been in a relegation fight. 6 months later we've had a cup final and are 5th in the league. I think that's enough sign of progress. 

The next couple of seasons are going to be key and massive if we're going to keep players like Bruno and continue to grow with them. Goes without saying we have to improve year on year and if we do, players like Bruno will hopefully stay to enjoy the success they started.

Players leaving doesn’t worry me one iota.  This is a very different club to Ashley’s - I’d be confident that any player leaving would do so because it is also in the club’s interest; this would be akin to those divvies questioning Keegan on the Cole sale.  The vast, vast majority of players leave clubs at some point - I’m not so sure that the assumption that players signed at present will definitely be here in 3-4 years time holds.  If Bruno stays, great, if he goes - he’ll be replaced.  I can’t see the club selling for less than £80-90m, and I’m not convinced anyone is paying that for him at the moment.

I also don’t think the lad is looking to leave at the moment.  Next season is likely to be a big one - if we don’t kick on, I can see some of the first batch of players looking to move on. 

He’s worth more than £80-90m to us imo. Could only see us selling for stupid money which would be impossible to turn down in our FFP situation. The prem tax is serious these days.

edit: but I agree with the sentiment of your post completely.

Edited by BoSelecta

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Agreed - though that doesn’t preclude a sale

If someone is willing to pay 140m for him, fine. No player is worth that and intelligent football people could use that to advance the squad.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

If someone is willing to pay 140m for him, fine. No player is worth that and intelligent football people could use that to advance the squad.

I'd be tempted to give that to City for Haaland.

But, you know, Pep thinks he's good so we should really just start turning our backs on him now so it hurts less when he leaves in June. It's the only sensible course of action.

15 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'd be be amazed if he went to City like. Real I fear.

They pay at least 3 times what we do, win trophies and are currently in all of the top competitions. Why would you be that amazed? Genuine question - my apologies if it sounds arsey 

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

They pay at least 3 times what we do, win trophies and are currently in all of the top competitions. Why would you be that amazed? Genuine question - my apologies if it sounds arsey 

It doesn't sound arsey. I probably sound arsey all the time, when I don't mean to.

Well practically City are under an investigation for violating FFP. Not only are they potentially looking at points deductions, transfer bans, etc, they're probably going to have to reign in their spending a touch. Spending circa £100 million on Bruno, while under investigation wouldn't be their smartest move.

You then look at the bloke. He moved to our club when there was a real possibility we could go down. Him and his family love the area and he's spoken on many occasions about us being a work in progress. Now I'm not naive enough to think he'll never leave, but I think it would take a special club to do that. City might be the dominant force in England right now, but having visited the Etihad the whole thing does feel a touch soulless. Comparatively Real are the biggest and most successful club in world football.

Edited by The Prophet