Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just now, Conjo said:

Any theories or reports of what was up with him today? He looked dizzy and sick, but seemingly hadn't been in a challenge before hand?

Got smashed in the tackle with Bruno Fernandes didn't he? Either clipped or rolled his ankle, no?

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, Jordan said:

He’s absolutely brilliant and we need to make sure in the summer that we bring a defensive mid in so that we can take the shackles off him. He’s completely wasted sitting deep. 

He isn’t wasted at all. He controls everything from where he plays. Move him out of that position and you play him out right in Longstaffs position or out left in Joelintons position. Just don’t get this talk of moving him, as we don’t play with an attacking central midfielder.

Proper rankles me when people say this, it’s just lazy. He gets man of the match every game man, how is that him being wasted. [emoji38] Proper boils my piss.

Edited by reefatoon

30 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

He isn’t wasted at all. He controls everything from where he plays. Move him out of that position and you play him out right in Longstaffs position or out left in Joelintons position. Just don’t get this talk of moving him, as we don’t play with an attacking central midfielder.

Proper rankles me when people say this, it’s just lazy. He gets man of the match every game man, how is that him being wasted. [emoji38] Proper boils my piss.

I know what you mean, but he’s a player capable of much more creatively and as proven last season, can pop up with plenty of goals if given the chance.

I do think long term we should be looking to try to play him further forward, but for now he’s doing a great job where he is.

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I know what you mean, but he’s a player capable of much more creatively and as proven last season, can pop up with plenty of goals if given the chance.

I do think long term we should be looking to try to play him further forward, but for now he’s doing a great job where he is.

For me and the system we play, moving him out of that role moves him out of the centre of the pitch. We play with three midfielders and he has to be the central one of those three. He orchestrates everything and needs to be that central focus. Don’t even think he sits that deep either, he is up and down all game. 

Edited by reefatoon

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Really think we need top 4 to keep him. He could play for anyone.

I think he's fully bought in to the project, the club and the city + his personality, passion and dedication make me believe he's generally committed to staying beyond just this season. Also think there is every possibility he would love to be here for the long-term to realise his ambitions. 

That said, I do think failing to qualify for the top four this season would put the pressure on in terms of the speed of progression of the project and being able to keep him beyond next season were we to fail to do so again. Players don't typically wait around forever and slow progression feels a lot like standing still. Hopefully we'll get top four this year or next. It is also possible Bruno is a special case in terms of his relation to the club and the desire of our ownership to keep him. 

Hypothetically, I think we'd be more likely to lose Botman then Bruno. I think he and his family have truly bought in and it would be a Shay Given-Mike Ashley situation for him to push to leave. I hope it doesn't happen, but I think Bruno going would be as much the club's choice as him pushing to go.

Yeah Bruno feels like he's completely onboard with the project, he may have signed initially seeing it as a stepping stone, but the way he talks about the city, club and fans, I think he's realized it's something special to be a part of.

3 hours ago, Minhosa said:

Got smashed in the tackle with Bruno Fernandes didn't he? Either clipped or rolled his ankle, no?

Was thinking of before then beginning of the game- when he went down, shaking his head and blinking his eyes and was splashing water in his face. Looked like he was nauseous/dizzy or something. When I saw it I was thinking back to the story he told before the final about how he was struggling to play the way he could when he was young because he was so nervous and though he possibly had an anxiety attack or something. Probably me over thinking it :lol:

2 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Individually he's great as a 6 or an 8 but it's clearly a problem for the team that our most creative midfielder and only one with any real quality on the ball is our deepest. 

He can influence things much more in the final third playing as an 8. I think some are forgetting how good he was there last season and that was with Shelvey anchoring. Imagine if we had a Casemiro/Rodri/Partey type in there suddenly our midfield looks so much more balanced. 

In hindsight Shelvey going is more of a blow than we thought. Because it unlocks Bruno at his most dangerous. 

Forest have been very impressed with him, and him being substituted yesterday led to them imploding and conceding 4 goals in ten minutes. 

You don't know what you got, til it's gone...

3 hours ago, Wandy said:

Just as well we have the owners that we do as Man Utd would be taking him, no doubt about it. On Red Cafe they are praising his performance yesterday, and would have him in their side in a heartbeat.  https://www.redcafe.net/threads/bruno-guimarães-newcastle-united.453504/page-4

Aye he's class. Fred couldn't get anywhere near him yesterday. The same Fred who made a wee boy out of Frenkie De Jong a few days earlier. 

Good to see others recognised how good he is, seen the odd stuff from our fans saying he wasn't all that, clearly I watched a different game 

The midfield wasn't an issue yesterday, it was the defence in key moments and the attack

I shared the stat in the match thread but Bruno completed more passes than Casemiro, Fred, Sabitzer and McTominay combined

14 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Individually he's great as a 6 or an 8 but it's clearly a problem for the team that our most creative midfielder and only one with any real quality on the ball is our deepest. 

He can influence things much more in the final third playing as an 8. I think some are forgetting how good he was there last season and that was with Shelvey anchoring. Imagine if we had a Casemiro/Rodri/Partey type in there suddenly our midfield looks so much more balanced. 

We should leave him where he is and focus on getting players with similar ability around him. It’s only an issue because none of our other midfielders and forwards are near his standard. Better times are coming! 

49 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It was a toss up between him and Big Joe, but I personally thought he was our man of the match yesterday. 

The Ronnie Gill scored him a 5. 😂. Fucking idiots. He was very good. Controller the game, sadly attacking wise we stuttered as we have been for the last couple of months. 

He was fucking class.  Everything is just so much better with him in the team.  Always happy to receive the ball and his movement to constantly get open is top drawer.  Just always looking for a give and go.  He also has a canny knack of beating people, by just shifting the ball a bit and moving in a straight line :lol: A lot of openings and attacks get launched from him doing this.

We have missed him and we missed him again when he went off.  Hope the injury isn't too serious.  No protective boot after the game I read and he was back out there with the fans at the end walking about.  So hopefully he doesn't miss many or any games.