Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

He's very obviously going to start the next game, lads.

All the reserves starting today yet Fred keeping his place is pretty fucking obvious.

He'll replace Fred in the front six from last game, Neymar on the bench at best as they'll assume they have enough to beat Korea without him needing to start.

28 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Wonder if our boy is getting pelters in Brazillian press? I didn’t watch closely but despite seeing a fair bit of the ball nothing seemed to come off for him, and caught sight of a despairing (embarrassed?) look as he lay face down on the turf at the end. 

Decent ratings on BBC sport, so maybe worrying about him needlessly. 

ED66B92B-8365-46BA-AEE5-12F78D7AB6C6.thumb.jpeg.db7d0b7239533b7f59060262cd3a9c83.jpeg

I watched the Serbia-Switzerland game but recorded the Brazil one to watch later if Bruno came on

Read some comments about him being awful and nothing working so expected to see that and I find those comments bizarre 

Yeah, he probably should have scored, the header was his easiest chance but I thought he was good aside from that, drove the team forward and put the lines of Antony in positions to create something but it was wasted

45 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Think he was slightly over trying to make an impact. He was constantly involved and with a bit of luck could've bagged a couple of goals. 

Absolutely nothing to be concerned about, he's an absolute gem. 

exactly my thoughts, seems to be rushing things more than usual, wasn’t as composed. Had some really lovely touches but gave the ball away needlessly at times and was bullied on the ball a couple of times which is really unusual for him. He was still involved loads though and clearly made an impact, just needs to settle down a bit. 

14 hours ago, frankpingel said:

Think he was slightly over trying to make an impact. He was constantly involved and with a bit of luck could've bagged a couple of goals. 

Absolutely nothing to be concerned about, he's an absolute gem. 

I feel bad for him personally, but from a Newcastle POV it's not the worst thing. He's exactly what Brazil need ahead of some of their big lights, but better for us if he stays behind Paqeta and Fred.

Admittedly based more on a hunch than evidence, but I think Bruno is actually one of that big group of players which include Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock and Almiron, who Eddie has managed to improve. Bruno looked uncharacteristically nervous when he came on. Normally, he looks like he owns the place (in a positive way, of course)

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

Admittedly based more on a hunch than evidence, but I think Bruno is actually one of that big group of players which include Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock and Almiron, who Eddie has managed to improve. Bruno looked uncharacteristically nervous when he came on. Normally, he looks like he owns the place (in a positive way, of course)

Might be some truth to this, Paqueta was seen as the better of the two at Lyon but look at Moyes vs Howe and you can see why one is doing well and the other not so much. 

1 hour ago, JNK said:

Bruno had two bad games, the anxiety clearly got to him and he still had better numbers than Fred. After last game brazilian midia is treating him like a disappointment.

He's been ok in his two sub appearances so far, yes he missed a couple of chances the other night, but his overall play was anything but bad.