Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I do find the whining for a new contract more annoying than his form dip tbh - the timing is spectacularly poor.  There’s an excellent player there in Bruno, and form dips do occur - hopefully this one ends soon.  

Genuinely, what whining? There's been a bit of talk in the press about a new one, but I keep hearing claims that his head is wobbling over it - what's the evidence for that?

1 minute ago, dcmk said:

Unrelated from today's game, was aware he was playing with injury the end of last year but did he have surgery in the summer? Didn't read anything.

Apparently not - seemingly fixed with extended rest.

Bruno has been class for us but there’s no denying he has been poor this season. He needs to figure out what’s going wrong and sort it out. People need to chill and remember who they’re talking about though, he’s just in bad form, he’ll be back.

Don’t buy the ‘fickle’ comments in general from football fans about others. Firstly who says it’s the same people and secondly why can’t you criticise people when they’re getting a lot wrong, just because they have been excellent? No one should be above criticism. I’m sure his critics still love him and so they should. He needs to find some form though and maybe he doesn’t go about things the right way. He’ll be back though. 

I wasn’t upset with that pass, tbh. He was trying to spring a counter late and it somehow hit the chest of Harvey Elliott and it magically fell to Salah. Who just rolls it to Nunez. Who hits the same shot far post. 

thought Bruno was good today. 

Bruno was trying to create a last chance for us with that pass. If it had come off... Most other teams wouldn't have followed that block up with a defence splitting pass. Liverpool are just so good at those, or at least, they are against us. Losing to them feels like a fucking hex at this point.

Edited by JUICE690

Obvious context is he’s been brilliant for us, but he blazed a shot over which he seems to do more lately, gave the ball away with poor passes not long before that outside of the foot one, which was a dangerous give away. I hope he has a level head, I didn’t like him wasting energy on that tweet, he needs to just play with a bit more nous.

He did okay today, despite that mistake. Nonetheless, I don’t think he’s exerting the same level of control and composure in a midfield that he’s demonstrated previously. That loss of composure is also unfortunately having a notable impact on the team, simply because of how pivotal his role is. 

The pass for their goal wasn't as bad as I thought, watching it back, but there were some poor mistakes 10 minutes prior to that but he did loads of good stuff up to that point. Maybe it was Tonali going off leading to more gaps or perhaps he's not up-to-speed fitness wise so lost composure. 

Just now, Ash2579 said:

One paced show pony

nice guy, nice smile, but massively overrated!

FFS you know what i was right to close this place at end of game, I should stay away for a few more days though. Just...ffs. Hope this is a joke.