Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

30 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think we were expecting some sort of defensive powerhouse and he’s not really like that.. if I could compare him to any other player it would be more like Modric and that’s exactly how we should use him. He makes space for himself in the same way and keeps things ticking over, but when we’re being overrun he’s not going to prevent that.

We’ll see the best of him when we’re a possession based side. Or is that if we’re ever?

Modric is good on the back foot though. Great engine, closing people down, looking to nick the ball. He's a runner. Not sure if Bruno is a runner and dribbler.

The Kovacic comparisons prior to us signing him ring somewhat true to me so far. Hopefully he's more effective in the final third, mind. 

Maybe someone like Tielemans too.

Edited by Smal

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Not a huge fan of Kovacic. I feel like his type of mid is 10 a penny. Joe has way more physicality and is a better passer of a ball imo

Was talking about Bruno.

Kovacic is a very good (this season at least) passes and progressor of the ball. 

No point risking Willock when Bruno can come in for him. Last thing we want is to be missing Willock for the next few weeks because he played with an injury. 

Bruno and Joelinton are going to have a big task in the middle tonight, alot of pressing is going to be needed to help nullify Mouthino and Neves. Wouldn't even be surprised to see a change of formation and have Shelvey and Bruno as a double pivot to help keep possession in the midfield.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

No point risking Willock when Bruno can come in for him. Last thing we want is to be missing Willock for the next few weeks because he played with an injury. 

Bruno and Joelinton are going to have a big task in the middle tonight, alot of pressing is going to be needed to help nullify Mouthino and Neves. Wouldn't even be surprised to see a change of formation and have Shelvey and Bruno as a double pivot to help keep possession in the midfield.

Neves isn’t playing I don’t think 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Neves isn’t playing I don’t think 

You're right, just had a look and Jimenez is also out so that's given me slightly more confidence of a result.

I'd like to see a three of Willock, Big Joe and Bruno.  Bruno and Shelvey seem to be standing on each others toes when they play together, they're both trying to operate in the same space.

One of the French correspondents on one of the podcasts (Tom Williams IIRC) said he pretty much learnt to speak French fluently during their break for Covid. Obviously a bright lad.

46 minutes ago, Disco said:

One of the French correspondents on one of the podcasts (Tom Williams IIRC) said he pretty much learnt to speak French fluently during their break for Covid. Obviously a bright lad.

Hope he develops a Geordie accent.