Bruno Guimarães: £100M release clause has expired (Various)

Fantail Breeze

Cabaye was a grafter and, for me, more of a moments player. It often felt like chunks of the game could pass him by but he'd keep working away and pop up with some real quality. It didn't feel like he dominated midfields very often, but that was sort of the style of our team anyway.

Bruno is a force, there’s something about his character combined with his ability that makes him the most dominant player on the pitch game after game. It’s so rare you find a player who is this technically good whose mentality ensures his level is always high. We need to build the team around him 

6 hours ago, HTT II said:

Anyone think he might flop now?

I’m actually amazed how good his, add 3-4 players of his quality and we will be in serious contention for a European place next season.

Three Bruno level players and we strongly challenge for CL. Leicester won the league with three players, Kante, Mahrez and Vardy, going supernova. The supporting cast was merely quite good. Mahrez and Vardy weren't even new signings and were there already. I doubt ASM and Wilson will go supernova, but they can burn more brightly than under a fat cunt who can't be bothered to hold training sessions. I'd expect PIF to buy higher up the food chain this summer than Leicester did going into that season, Fuchs, Okazaki and whoever else it was.

Merino and Tiote both started very well in Black and White, but were soon found out to be weak when pressed hard and crowded out. Bruno looks so sharp and strong under pressure that opponents are going to have to find another weakness. Kicking him perhaps and testing his temperament. The goals are probably a purple patch and I don't expect them to continue, but that's not what he was bought for. 

Edited by Stottie

For me the signing is just such a good sign of what’s to come. 

They didn’t just go and get a midfielder to defend and make us harder to play against. Or decide to get one to help us keep the ball. They went and got a guy with great defensive and ball retention skills who also progresses the ball well and has a bit of steel about him. Not to mention a great character. 

No doubt there’s some luck involved in every signing, but it shows they have an excellent appreciation of that the team needs and the kind of players who are likely to succeed here. 

2 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Probably bollocks.....

Bruno's lasses baby shower/borfday or something.  He's definitely with him over here.

Edited by Wilson

Just now, Wilson said:

An image of them all in Bruno's garden floating around now...some absolute fucking creeps about like :lol:

At least they're not knocking on Big Joe's front door...

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

An image of them all in Bruno's garden floating around now...some absolute fucking creeps about like :lol:

That photo is creepy as fuck, though I did love the fact that they got Paqueta to wear a newcastle shirt, you just know Bruno's doing all he can to convince him to come join us