Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Lee has the longevity and big moments that Bruno doesn't have yet. Give him another couple of years and I'll agree. Bruno is without question the best midfielder we've had since him though. Having him over Beardsley is not only a step too far but the wrong position anyway. 

Agree on Cabaye, it's not even a debate. 

This.

Love Bruno and hopefully only going to get better but let’s see him up against Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd on a regular basis before we start putting him ahead of Rob Lee.

Up to now he didn’t get many minutes against Spurs but we were overrun. Liverpool beat us in second gear and although he had moments against Man City twice their midfield have dominated ours twice in reality. Chelsea he had moments but again they were under strength and still had control of the game. He’s only shone against an under strength Arsenal at home when up against the big boys. Benfica was a tough game for him too.

I know that might sound harsh but I think some people get carried away a bit too quick with some players and forget how good some of our previous players were. Rob Lee was a winger for the first half of his career don’t forget.

Let’s see how good he is against Man Utd’s midfield. Personally think it’s an excellent barometer for the whole team as both sides in decent form.

I don't know if its been said yet but the Bruno situation will be one helluva test for our new owners. 

If we end up selling him for 100m, do we reinvest like Spurs did after Bale or Liverpool did after Coutinho? We've seen how little money 100m actually is, in reality.

I'd be putting a new contract on the table very soon.  Double his salary and add a year to his deal.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I don't know if its been said yet but the Bruno situation will be one helluva test for our new owners. 

If we end up selling him for 100m, do we reinvest like Spurs did after Bale or Liverpool did after Coutinho? We've seen how little money 100m actually is, in reality.

I'd be putting a new contract on the table very soon.  Double his salary and add a year to his deal.

Agree 100%. Players like this, who bring so much quality and character to a club, even in the 30-50m bracket do not grow on trees. The perception, held by some, that we can just go out and replace what this lad brings to the club, even if we sold for 100m, is misguided. We should be looking to tie him down on improved terms as a priority. Maybe sooner or later, the inevitable happens, but we have to do all we can to keep him here and grow with us as long as possible.

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Agree 100%. Players like this, who bring so much quality and character to a club, even in the 30-50m bracket do not grow on trees. The perception, held by some, that we can just go out and replace what this lad brings to the club, even if we sold for 100m, is misguided. We should be looking to tie him down on improved terms as a priority. Maybe sooner or later, the inevitable happens, but we have to do all we can to keep him here and grow with us as long as possible.

What I have a problem with is Hope and others writing that this is peak Bruno. How the fuck do they know what his peak is? 

He’s not even been here a year. [emoji38]

Agree with you, though. New contract for him or extension and grow around him while Eddie makes him more world class than he is now.

Watching those clips, where do you even begin trying to quantify what he brings to our team? Passion, drive, balls, personality. He drives us forward, tackles, intercepts, creates, scores. Jesus. So long since we had a player capable of even 10% of what he brings to us. Irreplaceable.

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

What I have a problem with is Hope and others writing that this is peak Bruno. How the fuck do they know what his peak is? 

He’s not even been here a year. [emoji38]

Agree with you, though. New contract for him or extension and grow around him while Eddie makes him more world class than he is now.

That's the other thing, this probably isn't even his peak, not that anyone knows what that might look like.

3 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Bruno, sneaky and mean

Spider inside my dreams, I think I love you

You make me wanna cry

You make me wanna die

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you, Bruuuuuuno

Every night you come into my room

and pin me down

with your strong hands

you pin me down

and I try to fight you

you come inside me

you fill me up…

4ae3f981ddcb3c3c-600x338.jpg

Edited by NE27

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Hypothetically speaking, if he goes then it’s gonna be much more than 100m. It will be very very hard for other clubs to even think about bargaining with us. 

This is where all the usual caveats about the cash we might or might not have do not apply. If nothing else, we do not have to sell existing talent if we do not want to, from a financial standpoint at least.  

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Hypothetically speaking, if he goes then it’s gonna be much more than 100m. It will be very very hard for other clubs to even think about bargaining with us. 

How do you even put a price on him, he's unique in so many ways and it just feels wrong somehow. But yeah, if a true super power decides they simply must have him, whatever the cost, it'll probably happen at some point. Just gonna try to enjoy him for as long as he's here.