Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Hopefully precautionary, but I remember Trippier like this and then a lengthy spell out 

Trippier broke a bone, still be some timeout if it's ligament damage but depends on the extent. He should have been taken off immediately though 

(Physio head on) Looks like ankle ligaments to some degree but let’s hope it’s not too serious. The fact he was able to try and run it off for a bit is a positive sign as opposed to being helped off straight away. Fingers crossed let’s just wait until they re-assess.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Good thing with the ankle is that it generally heals relatively quickly especially if its just a sprain, the issue however is that in the medium term its very easy to cause it to reoccur, hopefully its a managed properly.

I once twisted my ankle playing football and could not put any weight on it. It blew up and was super purple but was playing again 3 weeks later. The idea of running on it for 30 mins was totally out of the question. May be totally irrelevant but hopefully “just” a twist.

Weren't we already looking for a midfielder once Shelvey got injured? Maybe I imagined that.

Definitely need someone else creative in the middle in the squad and we probably already did even before this, as hard to replace as he is.

Edited by Abacus

Guest reefatoon

I’ve done that before when playing and it bloody smarts. Was out for about 8 weeks as I knackered the ligaments. Saying that, he will be getting slightly better treatment than I did [emoji38]

Edited by reefatoon