Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Guest reefatoon

Can’t wait to see him and Isak linking up. It’s going to be a thing of beauty when he gets on the end of those through balls from Bruno.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Can’t wait to see him and Isak linking up. It’s going to be a thing of beauty when he gets on the end of those through balls from Bruno.

Just a little more than 9hrs to go and we will get to see this.

:smitten:

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Dont think either will start to be honest . 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, GWN said:

Dont think either will start to be honest . 

Was just in general fella, I didn’t mean this particular game :thup:

16 minutes ago, La Parka said:

He was on another level when he came on as always. He's an absolute phenom.

What’s the term for his passes where they stay on the ground and cut out two or three players with an overlapping winger running onto them, usually Almiron? He does about four or five of these a game and they cut through the defence every time. By some distance, it’s our best way of creating scoring opportunities 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

What’s the term for his passes where they stay on the ground and cut out two or three players with an overlapping winger running onto them, usually Almiron? He does about four or five of these a game and they cut through the defence every time. By some distance, it’s our best way of creating scoring opportunities 

Clipped ball?

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Incisive.

Laser guided.

Precise.

I love him. 

Edited by LV

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Just a through ball? The ones where he plays it between the lines with usually Almiron running onto it behind? 

Yeah, I guess a through ball is right. Feel like there should be an even more specific term for it, as the pass is rarely a through ball that releases Almiron to take a strike straight away. Normally it’s a through ball that cuts through a defence, slightly out wide, giving Almiron or someone else a few seconds to gain further ground before whipping in a cross 

Slide pass? Bruno is great at playing a clipped ball, doesn’t over hit it, plays it into space, to his man and it seems perfectly placed and weighted, I think regarding his passing that’s his forte. Trippier has the same kind of passing technique too.

Edited by King HTT III

Another thing with Bruno I’ve noticed is how he uses his toes a lot to make passes, that is as Brazilian as it gets. It’s a unique technique. He did several toe poke type passes short and long last night, such a great style. I know loads of coaches and they say a toe poke pass can be more effective than using your instep, side foot etc. he rolls the ball a lot as well. I love his style.

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

They used to be called 'slide-rule passes' - not sure if others still use the term, but I do.  Also applies (though less accurately in terms of the metaphor) to curved passes.  It is a pass which is played on the ground to put a player through and is completely precise in its accuracy and weight - and usually has to take at least one defender (though usually a couple or more) out of the game to apply.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Loved that he got Perez back. Also flattening the ref :lol: 

Proper emotional player. Definitely getting a red or two for us at some point during his career. 

Superb all round. 

It’s part of his charm that he’s got slightly unhinged yet positively unhinged element to his character. Makes him more endearing