Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Not sure if it's a controversial opinion but I'm very much of the opinion that moving him out of his current position to get him involved further up the pitch is not necessarily the right move.

Obviously right now it's very tempting the idea of him getting into the positions Longstaff, Willock and Joelinton regularly find themselves in but why don't we just replace them with better players rather than move Bruno?

Such a massive advantage for us having a player who is as fantastic on the ball as he is in that deep role while also being well able to do his job defensively.

Obviously wouldn't be surprised if we unleash him further up the pitch and he gets a bunch of goals next year but I do tend to think we'll find it easier to find an attack minded midfielder that can improve us than we will to find someone who offers us what Bruno does in that role.

Just now, Shak said:

Not sure if it's a controversial opinion but I'm very much of the opinion that moving him out of his current position to get him involved further up the pitch is not necessarily the right move.

Obviously right now it's very tempting the idea of him getting into the positions Longstaff, Willock and Joelinton regularly find themselves in but why don't we just replace them with better players rather than move Bruno?

Such a massive advantage for us having a player who is as fantastic on the ball as he is in that deep role while also being well able to do his job defensively.

Obviously wouldn't be surprised if we unleash him further up the pitch and he gets a bunch of goals next year but I do tend to think we'll find it easier to find an attack minded midfielder that can improve us than we will to find someone who offers us what Bruno does in that role.

His positioning has been a lot more flexible recently which suits him & us more. It felt like he was much more fixed as the deepest mid before the WC but we're now seeing more interchanges and midfielders moving.

3 minutes ago, CPL said:

I didn't notice him as much today but that nutmeg in the first half! 😳 

Much like Botman, barely notice them due to them carrying out their duties to perfection.  Not a foot wrong today.