Dan Burn

Rich

35 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Please give him a rest. 

100% this - I love the lad for his commitment and desire there is no doubt whatsoever but watching his lanky legs in the opposition box or flank you just know there is an attack with potential very highly going to waste here. 

A squad CB and a solid one at that is what he should be. People have been happy to disregard his flaws as we have been getting results.

1 minute ago, Smal said:

He’ll know that was terrible and I’m sure he’ll be determined to sort it out.

Bowen is a cracking player, Burn keeps on going though no matter what, tonight's criticism by some fans was harsh IMO.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Desperately needs a rest like, Jesus :lol: Absolutely blowing out of his arse from about 40 minutes. I know you shouldn't fiddle with a back 4, but surely Howe can trust Targett like, he's a really solid left back.

This is it for me, he looks (justifiably) shattered.

"According to Opta Joe, when the Magpies defence consists of big Dan Burn, Kieran Trippier, Sven Botman and Fabian Schar, the team invariably doesn’t lose, with just a single loss in the 23 games that the quartet have played together."

This is the big factor why Burn wont be rested or Targett played instead.

Not sure that argument follows though. Of course our results and defence have been great, but you still need to examine every part of it to see where improvements can be made.

Bowen is a very tricky though and he won’t face such a difficult challenge every week. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I agree he was knackered from the off and was really poor individually, but it's pretty much impossible to drop him because he is a part of the defence with the most clean sheets in the league that has conceded 6 goals fewer than anyone else.

He is very important tactically. Teams cannot switch play to his area of the pitch aerially because he will just win the ball. Even though he was poor tonight therer were times where West Ham were desperate to get the ball over to Bowen direct but couldn't. 

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Wonder how much Forest would give us for him in he summer. 

Posts like these are a joke and embarrassing as fuck.

He had a poor game but he has been a magnificent signing and even if we buy a new LB he will be a great backup at two positions while being amazing presence in the locker room. 

Edited by Pata

With the exception of Tottenham and Man City away second half of last season we were just as solid defensively as we are this season, when Targett was the primary LB and looked excellent.

I don't think our defensive record this season with the current back 4 is justification for not starting to bring Targett into the mix. I don't mind Burn though, and every player should be allowed to have off days without people starting to wish them benched, sold or given away to Darlington.

He's a 6ft 7 centre back playing at left back. We know he's a very good defender and a good player. Him being knackered impacts on how well he can play. I'm of the opinion that he needs a rest rather than him having flaws in his game 

• 2 weeks later...