Dan Burn

Rich

Guest reefatoon

Anyone saying he is our worst are as thick as pigs shit

Edited by reefatoon

Will surely occupy the Lascelles role if we grab a CB and LB with Jamal moving on. Burn has been a belting signing. I remember the apprehension but he has been a steal at the price and a huge addition to the squad off the pitch as well as on. 

Well deserved extension.

A no-brainer offering him a new deal. Even if we sign a new left back he'll still get plenty of game time with him being able to cover centre back and left back. Obviously a massive influence in the dressing room too. 

He's from Blyth!!!

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, jack j said:

He got an extension at the end of June did he not?

Presume the ***catchup*** in her post is just her showing the picture from when he signed it

You don’t sign a triggered extension though? It’s already in the contract. Guess this is the new contract there was some rumours about.

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

He still had 2 years left on his contract so would be interested to see where this new deal takes him 

I think that might be the extension, as he signed a 2 and a half year deal when he joined in January 2022, which was the same length as Trippier who has since signed an extra 12 month extension.

• 3 weeks later...

Very good defensively with his head. Other than that he looked very replaceable.

Hopefully he’ll get better with games. 
Might be tough for him though. We’re quite a different side from when he signed. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Thought more than ever today he looked like the odd one out in the side

Really? I thought he was very good and regularly more involved in forward play than Botman and Schär.  

We basically play as a 343 in possession, so I judge him as one of that 3 rather than in comparison to Trippier 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Really? I thought he was very good and regularly more involved in forward play than Botman and Schär.  

We basically play as a 343 in possession, so I judge him as one of that 3 rather than in comparison to Trippier 

Cash did him at least three times that I saw, and his pace looked even slower than last season. Going forwards he offers the least in our team in my opinion. Botman got an assist today, Schar was particularly quiet going forwards today but with Burn the only forward play I saw was him passing it backwards or holding onto it. Maybe I missed some forward play but defensively he only didn’t get shown up because people covered for him a few times 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Cash did him at least three times that I saw, and his pace looked even slower than last season. Going forwards he offers the least in our team in my opinion. Botman got an assist today, Schar was particularly quiet going forwards today but with Burn the only forward play I saw was him passing it backwards or holding onto it. Maybe I missed some forward play but defensively he only didn’t get shown up because people covered for him a few times 

There were lulls in play where I might not have been paying attention, but when I was I thought he was his usual neat and tidy self on the ball. Regularly linking up with Gordon, Joelinton and Barnes. 

Fair on Botman but it was a set piece. FWIW I think teams have a 'let him have it' approach with Burn (similar to what we had with Williamson) which isn't exactly wise. He's not an attacking threat in himself but he's very good at getting the ball out of his feet and getting it quickly into his winger.

I agree with that, he’s not like Dummett who you can rely on to lose us possession. He does find the man ahead of him well, even if it’s a narrow pass on. I meant more that in the opponent’s half he tends to offer zero