Dan Burn

Rich

Just now, The College Dropout said:

??

His level is not as high as the rest. Trippier, Botman, Schar were all arguably worse than Burn today. Burn did Burn things in the main. Botman? Looked a total donkey out the blue. 

I thought it was just an expert brutal assessment of his performance, to be honest, because he was truly fucking awful. I gave you too much credit.

Technically what you said is still true, though.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

I thought it was just an expert brutal assessment of his performance, to be honest, because he was truly fucking awful. I gave you too much credit.

Technically what you said is still true, though.

[emoji38] yeh he was awful. But honestly he’s not usually THAT much better. He’s been a consistently tolerated weak link.  

I thought it was Botman that got twisted up for the second and I was annoyed and shocked. When i realised it was Burn I thought ‘aye, that’s typical Burn defending - getting done by a bit of guile, over commuting then turned’. 

Edited by The College Dropout

Yeah, I've wanted to keep him in the team but you cannot play like that and expect to start the next game. 

He was poor defensively but he really hurt us in build up today. Can't be shit at both of those things I'm afraid. 

Needs to learn that he isn't a footballer, gets caught in possession time and time again dawdling on the ball, when a simple pass or clearance would've done the job - happened again today in the lead up to the first goal, attempting what from memory I believe was meant to be a very poor man's cruyff turn near the halfway line.

His defending has been shite lately too and his height doesn't offer all that much either, so there's little reason to persist with him in the team at the moment.

I’m not sure if it’s opposition teams working the ball to leave him exposed or if we’ve dropped a level but, he’s not getting the cover he needs against quick wingers. It’s made worse when the officials can’t see that being bigger and stronger than the winger doesn’t equate to a foul. Buendia won fouls today simply because of this.

Before today I thought Howe would stick with him, I think he may now need a rest. Having said that, we were very lethargic across all of the back line and midfield. 

Just now, TheHoob said:

Howe has said one thing he likes is a stable back 4 so I wouldn't be surprised if this is it until the end of the season.

Only valid if the stable back 4 is looking solid, certainly not the case the last 2 games.

He was robbed of the ball in his own half a few times today, and their first goal came after one of those incidents. He wasn't under any great pressure - he just looked awkward on the ball and the opposition scented blood. Eddie has a tricky decision to make.

9 hours ago, OverThere said:

Jesus. Talk about a pile on. Needs a rest and to get back to a simpler style but it's an easy fix.

People have been saying this for what feels like months. If he gets the rest you’re all asking for, he likely doesn’t get back in the team.

He seems like a legend, he’s living his dream, but he should be backup to Botman from here on out. He was cracking at centre-back, he’s not been good at left-back. He’s had a few really good games, but plenty more really bad ones.

13 hours ago, Andy said:

Needs to learn that he isn't a footballer, gets caught in possession time and time again dawdling on the ball, when a simple pass or clearance would've done the job - happened again today in the lead up to the first goal, attempting what from memory I believe was meant to be a very poor man's cruyff turn near the halfway line.

My 7 year old son pulled off a more convincing cruyff turn in a similar part of the pitch yesterday [emoji38]