Dan Burn

Rich

1 hour ago, nemtizz said:

Can’t wait for this lad to play for us in the CL. 

-------------Gillespie-------------

Trippier-Lascelles-Dummett-Burn

----Longstaff-Miley-Anderson----

Murphy-----------------------Hall

--------------Wilson--------------

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Away Toon said:

Hope that Hall is the player we all hope he is, because we need another LB on the pitch and quickly.

Burn was fine at LB today. You are right though, as Botman seems need to sit out for long

23 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Hope that Hall is the player we all hope he is, because we need another LB on the pitch and quickly.

If this will make us play with two proper fullbacks and it dramatically gives us an edge then I'm all for that. 

Our cbs often step in to intercept through balls. That's what it looked like he was about to do but it was too late.

Much more Bruno's fault tbh, but I wouldn't pin it on any one player, the game management was all wrong and it was obvious in real time, not just hindsight 

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Our cbs often step in to intercept through balls. That's what it looked like he was about to do but it was too late.

Much more Bruno's fault tbh, but I wouldn't pin it on any one player, the game management was all wrong and it was obvious in real time, not just hindsight 

No. He was too far away for an intercept. I think he stepped up thinking to play him offside but he timing and awareness were well short.

He wasn’t tested much at LB as Salah moved centre but when he was run at, he needed help every time. 

I haven’t really seen him at CB for us apart from today. Hopefully he’s normally much better at it cause his afternoon he was pub level. 

Love the bloke and he’s doing his best but……

Well, we signed Hall so the club also see him as an upgrade position waiting to happen.

Fuck off blaming Burn man... Yes, slow, but Bruno shouldn't be fucking around in there, likewise Tonali shouldn't be the two times he give it away before being subbed.

We were sloppy and lackluster in the middle, not much different from City away tbh. Just Gordon had a fucking go.

You haven't really seen him at CB for us? He played there every game for 6 months and was outstanding.

He fucked up, Bruno fucked up even more, but our approach to being a goal and a man up was the overriding problem. Liverpool were always going to have chances.

7 minutes ago, Lotus said:

No. He was too far away for an intercept. I think he stepped up thinking to play him offside but he timing and awareness were well short.

He wasn’t tested much at LB as Salah moved centre but when he was run at, he needed help every time. 

I haven’t really seen him at CB for us apart from today. Hopefully he’s normally much better at it cause his afternoon he was pub level. 

Love the bloke and he’s doing his best but……

Well, we signed Hall so the club also see him as an upgrade position waiting to happen.

He was doing great at CB when we first signed him. We used Targett as LB back then, remember? We were a completely different team with a different playstyle at that time however, so difficult to tell if he's good enough there now.

Edited by Erikse

In my humble opinion the system we play demands fast and agile fullbacks. Burn has neither of these qualities, he's a square peg in a round hole. I feel we have a genuine weakness on the left that was exposed more greatly when Gordon was substituted.