Dele Alli

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Second time Yorkie has prematurely threadulated this window. 

Incorrect, my record was 1 out of 1 prior to today (Trippier) and there was nothing premature here. I assumed that me having the fucking PLUMS to crack this one open - despite the inevitable backlash - might have nudged the universe in our favour. Karma n that. Alas, it appears not, but I'll be damned if it wasn't worth a shot.

How good the deal is depends on the weighting of those performance bonuses to reach £40m. If they can get him back to near his best though he'll be worth every penny. 

I would have loved to have taken a risk on him but it's pretty obvious Howe puts a lot of emphasis on the dressing room to the point he wasn't wanting relegation causes, and insisted on sensible wages etc. It was probably never going to realistically happen on a permanent deal.

37 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

How good the deal is depends on the weighting of those performance bonuses to reach £40m. If they can get him back to near his best though he'll be worth every penny. 

I would have loved to have taken a risk on him but it's pretty obvious Howe puts a lot of emphasis on the dressing room to the point he wasn't wanting relegation causes, and insisted on sensible wages etc. It was probably never going to realistically happen on a permanent deal.

Insists on players training at the same intensity they'd have in matches as well. Never saw this one happening tbh. It's a shame because even him playing poorly is arguably an improvement for us and him getting anywhere near back to his best would have seen us safe.

As I understand things, Everton have spent a good chunk of next year’s FFP allocation on a player who I’m not sure is up for it any more.

they might get a few good games out of him, but a nosedive is coming, be it this year or next

• 10 months later...
28 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Booed off after 28 minutes against a 3rd tier club in the cup.

Hard to see where he goes from here, unless he's wiling to drop down to League 1/2.

He's Agbonlahor levels of thick, like.

Conning a living for 4 years

On 01/02/2022 at 07:58, James said:

As I understand things, Everton have spent a good chunk of next year’s FFP allocation on a player who I’m not sure is up for it any more.

they might get a few good games out of him, but a nosedive is coming, be it this year or next

Now there's a prediction.