Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

I don't think he did, I must admit. 
In the split second of him jumping, I think my brain processed the thought "uh oh, stamp incoming" but then I never saw his foot do an movement/action that suggested he did. Foden is innocent in that exchange for me.

Fwiw, as I watched it real time I thought Foden considered it and decided against it. He saw the challenge coming a mile off.

UEFA should take action against Atletico, the last 10 minutes was carnage.

Not sure what happened to Foden, but I'm glad he changed to a blue headband in the second half.

Watching the highlights this morning, and in the first half it looks he has a really fucked up haircut.

8 minutes ago, TBG said:

Not sure what happened to Foden, but I'm glad he changed to a blue headband in the second half.

Watching the highlights this morning, and in the first half it looks he has a really fucked up haircut.

:lol: 

Who wore it better? 

image.thumb.png.64eb7ab49d7a2e071677617150acb0f6.png

Fuck sake. Was hoping for extra time. 2-1 Leicester - it will probably mean that they have Europe on their mind when they play Everton twice as well (not that I'm bothered about that from a Newcastle perspective, just general).

Plus, while maybe not the same now because we could genuinely be going for cups in the coming years, whereas 7 months ago it was so bleak, but it would still be annoying if Leicester won yet another recent trophy, their 5th in the PL era, while we are still waiting for one for more than 50 years.

3 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Fuck sake. Was hoping for extra time. 2-1 Leicester - it will probably mean that they have Europe on their mind when they play Everton twice as well (not that I'm bothered about that from a Newcastle perspective, just general).

Plus, while maybe not the same now because we could genuinely be going for cups in the coming years, whereas 7 months ago it was so bleak, but it would still be annoying if Leicester won yet another recent trophy, their 5th in the PL era, while we are still waiting for one for more than 50 years.

I think Leicester will be motivated to stay competitive for Europe if they go through so it's actually worse for Everton.

Also why it would by annoying if Leicester would win 5th trophy. I would be very happy if it's someone else out of classic top 6 sides and it also gives a light to other medium clubs to follow that they can achieve anything with proper club management.

Edited by Marko NUFC

5 minutes ago, Marko NUFC said:

I think Leicester will be motivated to stay competitive for Europe if they go through so it's actually worse for Everton.

Also why it would by annoying if Leicester would win 5th trophy. I would be very happy if it's someone else out of classic top 6 sides and it also gives a light to other medium clubs to follow that they can achieve anything with proper club management.

Mainly jealousy I would have thought. I mean most people under 20/25 would probably consider Leicester a bigger club than Newcastle which seems strange to me when we've got the bigger overall history, were challenging at the top end when I was growing up in the mid nineties with a 'big club' aura, and also Newcastle being a UK 'core city' rather than one that gets overshadowed by the likes of nearby Birmingham and Nottingham.

My mindset maybe will change in the coming years if / when we push on, but it was annoying while we were yo-yoing and targeting 17th year in year out, when a traditionally smaller club were coming from nowhere to achieve great things, even if was via more proper and commendable sustained development rather than overnight investment. Obviously someone has to win the trophies each year, but I was quite content with the 'bigger' clubs claiming them to more maintain the status quo.

Load of goals going in.

Roma beating Bodo/Glimt

Barca losing to Frankfurt

Feynoord winning against Slavia Praque.

Rangers just had a second goal disallowed too.