Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Milan will make the ref’s life a misery here, he has to stay strong. Fwiw I can see why it was given but you don’t often see them given.

Robbie Savage saying it’s a contact sport is fine but that doesn’t include tugging a shoulder to put someone off their stride

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Milan will make the ref’s life a misery here, he has to stay strong. Fwiw I can see why it was given but you don’t often see them given.

Robbie Savage saying it’s a contact sport is fine but that doesn’t include tugging a shoulder to put someone off their stride

You should see them given more though. Clear pull. Mount was honest but clearly impeded.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Is it not only if there's no attempt to go for the ball? It's not like he's wiped him out, he's trying to get back 

Yeah but I would say tugging on a shoulder is by definition not making an attempt to play the ball. It's not a tackle - just a clear foul on the player.

If I'm ref in that situation I just wouldn't give the penalty unless the foul was far more clear. Because the double jeopardy is far too harsh a punishment but can't be avoided by the letter IMO.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Yeah but I would say tugging on a shoulder is by definition not making an attempt to play the ball. It's not a tackle - just a clear foul on the player.

If I'm ref in that situation I just wouldn't give the penalty unless the foul was far more clear. Because the double jeopardy is far too harsh a punishment but can't be avoided by the letter IMO.

I dunno, I think it's one and not the other. It's a foul but he's attempting to get to the ball rather than just trying to stop Mount. I see what you're saying though.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I dunno, I think it's one and not the other. It's a foul but he's attempting to get to the ball rather than just trying to stop Mount. I see what you're saying though.

How’s he attempting to get the ball? ? Mount is 2 yards past him.

7 minutes ago, Decky said:

Aw but I thought Klopp was so funny and lovable? Seems like an arsehole half the time I see clips of him. 

Its easy to be magnanimous and come over as a good bloke when things are going largely in tour favour. When things go against you is the true measure.

Aye, not many managers show class when it doesn’t go their way. Mourinho went from loveable rogue to miserable wretch. Ancelotti always had huge class to be honest. Klopp is snide fucker like, clearly has an enormous ego 

The more I see of Klopp, the more I despise him. Actually thought he was decent when he was at Dortmund, but I was wrong. He’s terrible. Amongst the worst behaviour I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by maze

10 minutes ago, maze said:

The more I see of Klopp, the more I despise him. Actually though he was decent when he was at Dortmund, but I was wrong. He’s terrible. Amongst the worst behaviour I’ve ever seen. 

Apparently he comes out pre match and just glares at the opposition warming up to intimidate them

4 hours ago, Nate said:

Because the ball inconsequentially brushed Mahrez’s hand in the build-up :anguish:

You could tell the ref wanted to give it too.

Goals are only supposed to be ruled out for accidental hand balls if it's the same player that actually scores it?

So like Rashfords was "correctly" (the rule is a load of bollocks, mind) ruled out, Scamaccas should have been, but this shouldn't have as it wasn't the scorer who might have just touched it with his hand?