Newcastle United 3 - 1 Everton (08/02/2022)

Disco

Every single one of them was excellent and did what was required. Some were better than others (tbh I’ve included Chris Wood in this just so he’s not left out).

We absolutely dominated that second half. Fans near me wanted Bruno on but there was no need. Everton we’re forced into two changes and we were bossing them. No need whatsoever for us to change shape or start swapping people.

Kieran Trippier is god. He’s a class above what we’re used to. He’s calm and he communicates. He really is captain material.

Targett was solid and dependable. Willock was poor first half but like against Leeds, grew into the game second half. He helped us stretch them.

They really remind me of us in 2016. A good side on paper but they look utterly lost and there’s a few heads who seem disinterested.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Do they turn down the mics for TV btw? For all the comments I've heard from fans and the commentators about the crowd being electric, it sounded really quiet/nervous on telly.

There are long swathes of silence in the ground like, the nerves are very real in the crowd and you feel it.

But when it got going, it got going like. The Trippier goal just near fucking blew the dead pigeon out of the gallowgate roof.

a couple of points

Crowd really got to the everton players. been so positive since bruce left even after shitty results.

Mehdad really fucking loves this club! and the look on jamie reubens face after the second. just lush to have some canny owners at last.

Load of trouble on barack road after the game. seemed to be mainly  scousers not being able to take taunting off a few teenagers - really unneccessary.

Edited by huss9

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Crowd really got to the everton players. been so positive since bruce left even after shitty results.

I've only been to one, Watford, which was good - but this period since the takeover, and certainly since Howe arrived, is surely some of the most consistent class atmospheres we've had in ages? You just get the impression that it's rocking every single time. 

22 minutes ago, NE27 said:

There are long swathes of silence in the ground like, the nerves are very real in the crowd and you feel it.

But when it got going, it got going like. The Trippier goal just near fucking blew the dead pigeon out of the gallowgate roof.

Nah I’m not having that, the pigeon surely is gone now.

44 minutes ago, Wilson said:

20220208-194349-10746.jpg

I've cropped the original and fucked it.  Mother fucker. Someone else will have a better one...hopefully.

@Infinitely Content :clap:

Thank you @Wilson, I was hoping for a photo of it from the stands as I couldn’t be there tonight unfortunately. What a beautiful thing to see it flying in the Gallowgate! So pleased to have contributed from afar to what looked and sounded like a real special atmosphere.